“Indian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Charisma of India
Ranked #294 of 1,625 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
“Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The buffet is excellent. Decor is traditional. Live Entertainment on certain nights. Very enjoyable experience.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Stephenia

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Always so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just love this place, and my last visit didn't disappoint. Our Foodie group went recently and I'm getting rave reviews from the group. The buffet as always is incredible with a great selection at a very reasonable price. The decor and plenty of room for our group was a plus. And the service was top notch... the owner himself catered to us and made sure we were well fed and happy. He even gave us chai tea and coffee on the house after dinner!

Outstanding! If you haven't gone yet, do it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MaryAnn194
Winnipeg
“Love the goat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hubby and I have been to Charisma for dinner buffet a few times. The buffet is smaller than others in the city, but I find the food at least as good, if not better.

I absolutely love their goat curry - fall off the bone tender. It does have bones, but to me, that's just part of goat curry.

The butter chicken is great too.

Hubby loved the naan that is freshly made per table. One time we were offered a choice of butter naan, garlic naan, or one other flavour, so we got the garlic naan. The next time we were there, though, we were told that the buffet only includes the regular butter naan.

Small selection for dessert - I think 3 or 4 items - but not a big deal to me.

Overall, I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Winnipegger2008
Winnipeg, Canada
“Mmmmmm, butter chicken and Naan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I had a lae lunch at charisma on Monday, December 3 and it was lovely. Even though it was 2 o'clock several tables were still in use. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Food was great. Love the samosa's and chick pea curry, butter chicken, and Aloo gobi (potatoes and cauliflower). You can see the whole spices used in the dishes and the buffet comes with complimentary naan bread made fresh to order and it is the best I have ever had!!! We will definately be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Hidden Little Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I love Indian food but just recently discovered this place. We went on a Friday night for the buffet and were not disappointed. Probably close to 20 dishes to choose from, all authentic and prepared properly. Drinks were reasonably priced and service was prompt and friendly. The place was really quiet but I've only been the one time so I'm not sure if that's normal. Overall we really enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back.

Visited May 2012