“The wine paring is amazing!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mise - CLOSED

Mise
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Winnipeg, Canada
“The wine paring is amazing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We where here for Valentines dinner and it was our first trip to Mise. We had a later then normal seating but we didn't mind at all. The food was great, and we really enjoyed the menu structure where you pay one price and pick from a group of menu items. Our server was amazing with an impressive to the point of being intimidating wine knowledge. The wine menu has the option of a wine paring, meaning they pair a wine with each course of your meal. Totally worth it and highly recommended to everyone!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

hilton head
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We sat outside until it started to rain. Lots of choices in menu. Wine and beer selections were varied as well. Service staff was very accommodating. Reasonable prices. Pleasant surroundings both inside and out. Enjoyed a local pork/beef casserole entree.

Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a great spot to celebrate an important occasion and thought Mise would be a good choice. The atmosphere is lovely however, that night there was a large birthday party in the lounge area so our table by the entrance was very very noisy. Service was pleasant. Our salads were both very good. The grilled asparagus salad was nicely presented with greens and herb crusted goat cheese. The roasted beet salad was awesome although a less expensive smaller portion might be advisable as the salad was a fairly large bowl filled with sweet roasted beets, crumbled goat cheese and walnuts. It was definitely big enough to share. The baguette was very dry and served with an extremely small dab of oil, balsamic and herbs. I ordered the duck confit and was extremely disappointed. It was a very colourless dish as the promised spinach was buried under the tasteless wild rice pasta. It was basically a brown dish with a few carrot curl garnishes. The duck was tender but the pasta was very bland and oily. My husband finished the duck and I left most of the pasta after I hunted out the spinach. The pork tenderloin dish was somewhat better but it was nothing we couldn't have done as well at home. Dinner with a bottle of wine and a tip came to over $160.00. We both left feeling very disappointed in the evening.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Margaret A
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just average. Poor value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I must say that the meal my wife and I had on Saturday was barely average. We did not feel that the meals either of had were memorable or good value for the premium price charged. The prawns and gnocchi dish was very salty and the "prawns" were tiny and far from plentiful. My pork tenderloin was undercooked, the sauce bland and the side tasted as if it had come from freezer to microwave to plate. The only item worthy of a mention as the "Mille feuille" desert. It was excellent. Bottom line we won't be returning soon. Back to Inferno's on Academy.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Guy G
Winnipeg, Canada
“Fantastic Mother's Day Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Mother's Day was around the corner and most of my favorite spots for lunch were booked up. After having picked up my sister, the family and I headed down Corydon in search for a restaurant that would have room for us. After a few minutes, my sister spotted Mise and we gave it a try. We were lucky enough that they were able to fit us in. The food was incredible! I had the Maple Smoked Cheddar on a Cranberry Brioche... oh my! What a fancy and delicious grilled-cheese sandwich it was! My meal even came with my choice of two sides, which were both of generous sizes as well as delicious! We even splurged on dessert, but it was very much worth it!

I think this will be a must for any special occasion!

• Visited May 2013