“Tasty Fatboys” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty Fatboys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

we tried the king burger and the chilli burger. The salad could have been fresher, but it was still delicious. The chilli was tasty and very very runny.

Visited May 2013

Spruce Grove, Canada
“The King Burger. You must travel to this place for this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I worked a block away from this burger institution in 1976 and have been a loyal fan ever since. While I moved away in 1977, ever time I'm back in Winnipeg I travel over to Mike's for my King Burger. The service is fast, correct and consistent. You always get your meal in order with the line in front of you. And nothing written down!
Let me first warn you about how to eat a King Burger. No walking or sitting in a car is recommended. This is a serious task and not to be taken lightly. Get a seat on one of the picnic tables and carefully open up the foil wrap around this monster burger. The shredded lettuce, large slice of tomatoe and pickle are always fresh and large. The special chili compliments the two massive home made patties perfectly. This burger drips, no matter how hard you try and keep it neat. So get extra napkins and bring your own wet wipes, since your hands and face will get stained with all of that great mixture of mayo and chili. If you have a friend to share, indulge in the fries and chili as a side, but really, one King Burger will finish off any hungry appetite.
This place is a comfort place. People and regulars are happy to be there and I never here of complaints or a correction needed on the order. It is simple, fast and very tasty food. I'm smiling at all the comments on the menu prices being high. Really people, this place is low priced considering the quality of ingrediants, that famous chili, and hard working staffl/owner. I think I paid $5.50 for a King Burger in 1976. The price has not climbed all that much. I will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank HappycampersCanada
Winnipeg
“Seasonal Burger Stop.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Mrs Mikes is a well known institution in Winnipeg. It has been listed as one of the best burger joints in Canada. It has a dedicated following in this city. It is open spring to fall, as it has no indoor seating and has a walk up window. There are several picnic tables at the side, or else you just take the food with you.
While the burgers are good, i can't say they are great. I also cant say they are Winnipegs finest, or best value. We will probably go back at some time, BUT all 3 visits we made were somewhat hohum. Also the fries were just lukewarm, not hot and really fresh. The prices are a bit steep, and obviously people will pay, but it reduces the value in our opinions.

Winnipeg
“CONSITENTLY BEST BURGERS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been going to Mrs. Mikes for at least 20 years. The reason for my loyalty is the consistent quality and flavor of the burgers. I am known by name, as I'm sure many long time customers are, and my order does not need uttering..."cheeseburger with extra cheese"... my order used to be a double cheese burger with xtra cheese, but that was just too easy to eat!! The tender, juicy, garlic infused patty with the two melted cheese layers, and the smathering of a hint o chili....mmm...time for another!!!

1 Thank catztailz
Winnipeg, Canada
“Better Come Hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

An exceptional Winnipeg standard that offers surprisingly large servings of a quality lineup.

While tempted to try Mrs. Mike's with reports of being Winnipeg's best, we discovered that the hype exceeded the actual presentation. We visit many burger places and can't add Mrs. Mike's to our list of favourites. While the quality of ingredients are first rate, the combinations didn't come together for us. Pricing is on the high side for this market but the value is certainly there if these burgers hit your taste target. Hopefully they do because Mrs. Mike's puts some serious effort into maintaining their iconic standards.