“Nice experience in the heart of Academy Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of In Ferno's Bistro

In Ferno's Bistro
Ranked #38 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian, French, European, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winnipeg, MB
“Nice experience in the heart of Academy Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nice experience here. I had mussels with generous serving of fries, although fries were not very hot. Mussels were small but beer/cheese sauce was fantastic.

There were about 10 specials that night and seemed a little overwhleming. I think that with that many specials you need to have something written down for diners to help digest all that info.

• Visited May 2013

Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Excellent presentation with a tasty result!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

A few times a year my friend & I get together to enjoy lunch & a glass of wine. She had never been to In Ferno's Bistro so having heard great reviews from her colleagues suggested we go there. I was pleasantly surprised by the extensive menu, as I had previously been there for supper when the Bistro first opened which at that time had a limited menu. We were happy that we had made reservations as the little bistro was hopping. Our server was very attentive but we felt sorry for her as she read out the extensive lunch specials & answered our many questions. I suggested they print out a list to attach to their regular menu as it was hard to remember the offerings. She advised they had previously done same but unsure why they had stopped. Despite that we ended up ordering two lunch specials. The salmon & spinach salad as well as the duck salad. For appetizers we tried the oysters on a half shell. The presentation for all three was fabulous & the food was tasty. We definitely will return however only once the patio is open.

• Visited May 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I didn't enjoy all of my meal but my husband did. The staff was nice and they had a decent selection. The atmosphere is nice and parking was ok.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Canadawj
Winnipeg
“Good food but can be pricey and needs some upgrades to facilities and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stopped in for solo dinner at the recommendation of a co-worker. The food itself was excellent, good portions well prepared and presented, but I found the price a little higher than I was expecting. Food was served hot and promptly after ordering and seemed to be coming out of the kitchen at a reasonable rate for the occupancy of the restaurant. Based on the price, the serving staff should be better dressed, more competent and the furniture should be upgraded. The restaurant is in a quaint boiling in the French area of the city and has rustic hardwood floors and some of the decor and fixtures have been upgraded to a more modern appeal without compromising the charm. The problem rests with the furniture in the lower dining area (there is an upper one I did not visit on this occasion). The tables are not all the same style or colour and most of them had pealing, missing or taped laminate tops that would have been better suited for a 60's diner than a high priced Bistro. There were several different styles of chair in the dining room, some tables had all of them and none of them were what would be considered comfortable and most looked like they should have been in an old kitchen or classroom. The serving staff was efficient but not overly friendly. They had so many specials, appetizer (which my server did not mention), two soups, and seven entrées. The servers had to read them off a list and mine didn't tell me any of the prices. The servers were basically dressed in what I would call business casual which I found out of character with the menu and presentation of the food. The servers I interacted with seemed inexperienced and shy and it took almost as long to get my bill as my meal. From what I could tell, the restaurant was not that busy. When I placed payment (credit card) on the table, the hostess happened to walk by came back with a machine and ran my card without so much as a passing comment. I processed the payment, took my card, she thanked me and walked away. When I left I walked past the greeting area where two employees were standing, they looked at me and watched me walk out the door without a word. I have been in several comparable and lesser establishments and have been treated far better. If not for the cuisine, I would not consider returning.

• Visited April 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“best secret in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

amazing food.
i have been to the restaurant several times always trying different dishes and never left dissatisfied.

Visited September 2012