“Decent food at a reasonable price”
Review of The Current - CLOSED

The Current
Cuisines: International, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Transit: The Forks Market is serviced by Winnipeg Transit’s the Downtown Spirit, route #38. Winnipeg Transit routes #14, 19, 53, 54, 55, 57, 59, & 68 all stop just a five minute walk away!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have breakfast and dinner while I was staying at the Inn. I have lamb 2 ways for dinner and it was delicious. I also had the chicken liver for appetizer. I like it although it was on the heavy side.

The restaurant has a prix-fix menu for a 3 course dinner. The choice was reasonable.

I had egg benedict one day for breakfast and it was delicious. I have egg omlette and it was a bit dry.

It you are visiting the forks, it is good place to have dinner.

There are newer reviews for The Current

Reviewed September 4, 2013

After a very long and stressful day, it was wonderful to be able to come down for a late dinner at The Current from our room at The Inn on the Forks. The atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service acted as a tonic. My husband and I were both impressed by the food and presentation - I thoroughly enjoyed the soup du jour and the generous portion of delectable pickerel. The complimentary amuse-bouche was an elegant touch. Although the dining room was not busy at that time of day, we were still bowled over by the professionalism and attention demonstrated by the staff. When we returned for breakfast on our second day, the restaurant was fairly busy, but the service and food were again excellent.

1  Thank Laurel462
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in a private dining room but could tell that this was a place for romantic dinners and a place to be seen. Very popular with all age groups.

Our food was excellent. Loved the pickeral dish. Our dinner guests had the beef tenderloin and raved about it.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I ordered the French Omelette that was a fluffy one with cheeses and mushrooms. Rather than the potato I had the fresh variety of fruit in a small bowl + coffee. The total with tax came to $18.65. If you are staying in the Inn on the Forks hotel it beats trying to find another spot for what you get.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

One of THE best meals I have had. After being seated we we served promptly with our drinks orders. Once our order was taken four complimentary salmon tartar appetizers were brought out to us. Delicious!! Every course was served beautifully, and was delicious. Presented beautifully and serving portions were fair. Nice quiet and trendy atmosphere. Can't wait to go back.