“Absolutely Fantastic. A Must Visit !!!”
Review of Clay Oven

Clay Oven
Ranked #251 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Waterfront Drive
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't emphasize enough how much we enjoyed eating at the Clay Oven in Shaw Park. From our initial entry to seating to service to food and drinks, this place was a "grand slam" ( that's really good for you non-baseball types). And very reasonable as well. We will be regulars now !!!!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I dropped by The Clay Oven for supper on a Saturday evening. We were given a warm welcome and, after being seated at a table near the window, we received excellent service from our server, who was both friendly and helpful. The place was busy and noise level was very high, more like an upscale cafeteria than a quiet place to share a meal. The two different versions of vindaloo - lamb and shrimp - were reasonably good. It's traditional, I know, but it's frustrating to be served shrimps with the tails on in a dish so heavily sauced. The lamb was tasty but some of the chunks were stringy and chewy while others were very tender. I share the view that the prices are a little high, especially when many of the dishes are served out of buffet style serving trays. Dishes of this kind (meat with spicy sauces) are served in a Chinese or Vietnamese restaurants with more meat at about half the price. The quantities of rice and sauce are generous, however, and deliciously spiced. It would have been nice if naan bread were included in the high prices. We liked this place but in the future we will go downtown to the quiet little Indian Restaurants where the food, atmosphere and value are definitely better.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Clay Oven is right at the Goldeyes baseball stadium in Winnipeg. It is upstairs and very beautiful decor. the servers are great. The food is very good and tos of different things to choose from on the menu. The Indian food butter chicken was tender and delicious. The prices are not bad but bit high as its a very nice restaurant and reservations have to be made or can't get in. Very popular especially on baseball night. I highly recommend this place for anyone to try.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I have eatten @ the Clay Oven many times over the past few years and have never been disappointed.
Often we get Thalis platter which are awesome! Tonight we had the channa masala and saag chicken which was amazing! A must eat for those who love Indian food!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

For appetizer we order the Aldo Tikka Plate - Channa
My wife order the Channa Masala.
I order the Lam Tikka Masala
We also order fresh Naan Bread.

Since I love Indian food it would not take much to please me. The Aldo Tikka Plate - Channa was excellent. One of the best dishes I have every had. The Channa Masala was also excellent. The Tikka Masal was very good but I normally would have order the Butter Chicken but wanted to try something different. The bread was very good. Overall this is one of the best restaurants I have ever been too, however, I must admit that there were two things that I found a little odd. One was the bread was an extra charge. The Channa Masala is perfect with Naan Bread so it seems strange that the bread doesn't come with this. Also, the waitress brought the charge machine to the table. This probably makes cashing out quicker but it seem a little awkward having the waitress standing beside me when I determine what the tip is.

All in all the food was excellent and so was the waitress who was named Amy.

The atmosphere being in a large shopping center is not great but inside of the restaurant is decorated very well.