“Good food, small portions and big prices”
Review of Round Table Steakhouse & Pub - CLOSED

Round Table Steakhouse & Pub
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pembina Hwy and Taylor Ave
Description: The Round Table Steakhouse and Pub. Winnipeg's best Prime Rib Steakhouse Restaurants since 1973. We offer 6 private rooms or your special events.Our Pub has a classic British feel with pool table and great nightly beverage and food specials. Free WIFI throughout!
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Enjoyed a meal with a group of 7 friends. We were seated at a large table in a small room with the table being situated directly in front of a propane fireplace. After a short while, those of us with our backs to the fireplace found our seats getting very hot. The menu was quite limited, only 2 pages in length covering everything from appetizers to side dishes. Although known for their prime rib and steaks, I found the prices for those menu items quite high, so opted for a Bourbon and Garlic Chicken Breast. It was a small chicken breast but had lots of meat on it. I found the bourbon sauce to be quite sweet, which just wasn't to my taste. It came with a chef's potato which was basically a whipped potato and 3 chunks of carrot. We all shared several loaves of freshly made bread while waiting for our dinner. Another at the table got the mushroom ravioli which apparently tasted quite good, but the portion size was rather small. Although, it may have just looked that way because it was served in a very big bowl. A couple ordered prime rib (8 oz) and found it very good. One ordered a large sized prime rib (called the RT Cut) which was 16 oz. There was enough meat to take some home. A few of the group enjoyed the apple crisp desert, although I didn't see anything on the desert menu that appealed. I certainly didn't leave the restaurant hungry, but my wallet was a lot lighter.

1  Thank Katrina W
There are newer reviews for Round Table Steakhouse & Pub

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I had some good news to celebrate and went to Round Table last week ( Wed). No reservations/ no problems; were seated right away and waitress came quickly. She was kind of the problem.. no personality, no enthusiasim... We ordered wine and she brought the wrong one. Corrected that. Ordered our meals and can see by new menu that they are now charging ala carte for salad which used to be included. No problem as we understand rising costs. We ordered appetizers which were okay ( I had the baked cheese with cherry sause). My husband had escargots in a portabello mushroom which he said was tasteless. The prime rib dinners came and she had to use towels to hold the plates as they were so hot so...how can that bring cold food to the table. My potatoes were cold as well has 1/2 of the snap peas and the beets which I did not eat after tasting them! Told the waitress and she brought another potatoe dish to the table and said" apologies from the kitchen".... She however did not express anything...
Overall the meal was okay but for price ( now extra for that salad) it was a disappointment. Our waitress was not into her job at all and should learn that some enthusiasim for your job would increase your tip factor and enjoyment of her job. Management should address this.
Don't think we will go back in future.. too many other great places in Winnipeg to eat now!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friend and I decided to go here one busy Saturday night. The place was pretty packed, but luckily a table had just left and we snagged it. Service was great, we had a couple different guys taking care of us, which was great. We all got drinks, and they did a great job of the Long Island my friend had.

For food we got buffalo wings, which had read blue cheese - awesome! We also had the Bang Bang Shrimp which I highly recommend (and am now looking for the recipe for, they were that good!) and the hummus. The hummus was a let down. It was bland and watery. The pita chips were also pretty sad and a little stale.

Great experience, otherwise! Definitely be going back!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

sandwich special (no sides) was good but at $11.00 it had better be! Typically one thinks of the special as being a bit of a deal - if this was the deal, I wonder what the regular price was?

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have frequented the Round Table in the past and now have revisited and find it very accomodating. Love the food, still cannot get past the prime rib though, my solid favourite time and time again. Great atmosphere and friendly courteous staff. Great bar scene, live music included in their revamped lounge adjoining the dining area.