“Fun experience.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #277 of 1,669 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Description: In July of 1994, Applebee's Neighbourhood Bar and Grill opened their first restaurant outside of the United States in Winnipeg,Manitoba now known as our Pembina location. Since then Applebee`s has grown to 16 restaurants in Canada and Applebee`s has expanded internationally to 150 restaurants in 20 countries. Applebee's is now the world's largest Casual Dining chain with 2000 restuarants. Applebee's is known for their fun and family-friendly neighbourhood atmosphere along with signature grill & bar menu items that guests can only get at Applebee's. 13 of the 16 Applebee`s are owned by Dynapple Management Corp. These 13 restaurants are located in Calgary AB, Regina SK, Winnipeg and Brandon MB, Windsor, Ajax, Barrie and Cambridge ON. The key to our growth is our continued focus on maintaining quality operations and our involvement in the local communities. Dynapple Management Corp places customer service and community commitment our top priorities. We provide local jobs and participate in community activities such as school fundraisers, child identity programs, special character days, and holiday events. These activities serve the people in the local community. Dynapple Management Corp is dedicated to providing their communities with great restaurants that feature a clean, safe, family atmosphere.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We go to the restaurant very often. The staff is friendly and the food is good. Our favourite is Fiesta Lime Chicken. We start with buffalo wings...yum! We can sit in the lounge part of the restaurant if we want and eat and watch football or whatever is on. We enjoy going. If you order a skillet meal, remember, it will continue to cook since it is a skillet. We ask for it plated, helps so no over cooking happens.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I read a lot of negative reviews and I'm quite surprised. Guests need to remember that Applebee's is a chain restaurant. If you're expecting a 5 star Michelin restaurant then perhaps you better open your wallet and go to those restaurants. We stopped in for a weekday lunch. I ordered the 550 calorie steak meal. The other members of our party ordered appetizers and a burger. My steak wasn't cooked medium well as I had ordered it and it was quite red. The server was extremely apologetic but I didn't want to bother sending it back to the grill. I was okay with keeping it the way it was because we were on a time crunch. The manager came to our table and apologized and offered by comp dessert but I declined. He was very kind about it all and then took 25% off my meal for the inconvenience. I have to say that I was really impressed with the service and the willingness of Applebee's management to really try and correct the problem. That kind of customer service is really unheard of these days. Overall, the rest of our meals were great and portion sizes were big.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

At the latest lunch at the Applebee's at Grant Park we were sorely disappointed at the quality of the food. The very same meal enjoyed on two previous occasions was not the same in terms of its taste. Indeed, it seemed to have been prepared by a different chef who was not adhering to the same recipe. What a pity since on at least one occasion that very same item was very very good. Perhaps this was a once of you may ask. But, at another Applebee's several months earlier, again the same lower quality of the lunch meal. Could this be poorer ingredients? I would like to know. I won;t be going back very soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I ate at the Applebee's on Pembina Highway and I had pretty much the worst meal of my life. I carefully checked the dish with the waitress (I'm a juvenile diabetic and have to be careful, but I'm an adventurous eater and not a pain in the derriere). I had about 5 bites of the chicken and roasted potatoes and the overwhelming pepper taste of the food overtook my entire being. I drank all the water at the table and had to get the waitress to bring bread to cut the capsasin. When I questioned the waitress, she said that they had run out of the dish that I had ordered and substituted a "sweet and spicy" one without telling me. I can eat a dish with scotch bonnets. The pepper taste in both the chicken and the potatoes was OVERWHELMING AND AWFUL and the "sweet" wreaked havoc with my blood sugar later. I called management, but got no proper explanation and no proper apology. They did comp the meal, but it was the least they could do. THE FOOD HERE IS AWFUL. THERE ARE PLENTY OF GREAT PLACES TO EAT IN WINNIPEG. DON'T EAT HERE.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Greasy!
Went to Applebee's for dinner on Grant Ave; Winnipeg March 24th. We ordered two chicken skillets with an appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip, the dip was good and plenty for three people......but the chicken skillet dinner was very greasy and very over seasoned and very salty. Our server was very good, but wont go back as we were both sick the next day.There seems to be a lot of this type of slap dash line cooking, even a very inexperience cook could have done way better, so not much point in going out and paying for something that you could do much better yourself. I'm not talking of an expensive meal, but it should be what it claims to be, you can order a burger for instants in a low end diner but it could be cooked well and would be enjoyed.I guess nobody has pride anymore.What a shame!