“Awesome place and people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galbraith House

Galbraith House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
Galbraith House
You added Galbraith House to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 15 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Flin Flon, Canada
“Awesome place and people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The beautiful house took my breath away and Lynn and Lindsay are the best hosts I have ever encountered in my travels. My bedroom with private bath was so comfortable that I slept like a baby for the 2 nights I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank roxy_23_69

Families
churchill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This heritage home is beautifully decorated, and you feel extremely comfortable after a busy day in the city. We have stayed here on several occasions as it is convenient to most parts of the city. Our hosts Lynn and Lindsay make us feel at home with every visit. Taking a walk in this neighbourhood is an activity unto itself as their B&B is nestled among a large number of gorgeous heritage homes. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Me and my wife stayed at Galbraith House for a 8 days visit to Winnipeg in April 2010. We’d like to say that there are no words that can express our gratitude for Lynne's and Lindsay's wonderful hospitality. Their lovely and cozy house along with their kindness and sensitivity made this stay for us a “home-like experience”. We’re extremely happy that we’ve stayed at Galbraith House during our visit to Winnipeg. We’ve never seen a host like Lynne, especially recalling here delicious breakfasts! If you want a warm, "home-like", comfortable and convenient place to stay while going to Winnipeg - this will definitely be your fist-best option!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kot79
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I was here for 2 days in late September 2007
I had a wonderful weekend
This is a big old house that I would want to live in if I lived in Winnipeg. The hosts are very nice people. They made the stay awesome. I stayed in one of the 2 bedrooms with a private bathroom across the hall. I think the other bedroom has a bathroom connected. The room had a comfy queen size bed with TV.

Amenities: TV room with couches and lots of books and magazines to read. Several board games. They let me use a bicycle which i used to pedal to the Forks and back. What a nice ride. There's also a deck and a sunroom to sit and read.

Breakfast: the first morning I had lemon pancakes, cranberry muffins, turkey bacon, and fruit salad. The second morning was had this egg/bread sort of like an omelette but more dish, a different kind of muffin, and fruit again. Breakfast was great.

On both afternoons when I returned from a morning of shopping or swimming I was offered tea.

I would return here again and again if I stayed in Winnipeg. It's in a quiet residential neighbourhood with easy access to downtown Winnipeg by at least 2 bus routes. Its within walking distance to the Pan Am pool (i had a nice swim there), the big bookstore McNally Robinson's (like Chapters but nicer) and a mall. The hosts Lynne and Lindsay had awesome book shopping suggestions for me and I found some rare out of print books at a used book store not far from the B and B. They were also very helpful in directing me on how to get about Winnipeg by bike, bus, and walking. I took the bus to the symphony one night and then back to the B and B. That was a 2 dollar ride each way.

Watch out:
There are 3 cats which are tame but tend to jump on your bed. They don't mind being picked up.

There was another guest while I was there. She seems to always stay at this B and B each time she visits Winnipeg.

If you get a chance to visit Winnipeg, this is a great bed and breakfast.

• Liked — the hosts
  • Disliked — one of the cats jumping on my bed because I forgot to close the door
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Grogieur Eoguerwo