“Charming little restaurant”

Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Winnipeg
“Charming little restaurant”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love the seafood and filet platters. Excellent dips. Lovely way to spend a quiet evening, especially by the fireplace. Local artists works are usually on display.

Visited August 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Warning - I have yet to speak to ANYONE who was not taken aback by the high prices and sneaky ad-ons”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Went here for my nieces birthday. As we arrived a bit late, we missed the cheese fondue. No one asked us what we would like to have other than beverage. Food portions extremely small and bland. Rice and salad brutal. One of our party got called away but the manager insisted we pay for him at the end of the night. At 50 bucks a head? Thanks for ruining my niece's special dinner. Management is extremely rude. STAY AWAY!!!

3 Thank NishTraveller
Winnipeg, Canada
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

What an amazing restaurant. Always great staff and service. Wonderful food, large portions. Perfect for an intimate dinner, yet also a great place for groups. Delicious!

Visited February 2012
winnipeg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meltin Pot”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Fun place to dine with a group. Expensive, but a great experience - maybe because the company was great. Service was good. Food was okay, but this is an experience I'll save for someone dying to have fondue, not something I'd have a yen for too often. If I did, I'd be doing the fondue at home. For a once in a blue moon experience, it suits me to go to the Melting Pot.

Visited February 2012
winnipeg
“1 hour wait for meal for raw meat”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went to melting pot on June 22, 2012. The restaurant has a nice ambience and we were promptly seated as we had reservations. There was six of us and we ordered 2 classic cheese appetizers. Although it smelled funny, it tasted really good. However there was a lot or bread left over as the cheese ran out. For $16 per appetizer I would expect there to be enough cheese to dip all the bread in.

Once the appetizers were done we waited at least an hour to receive our main course which was a mix the the oil combos and seafood mix. I can't understand why chunks of raw meat would take that long to be served. During this time the waitress did not keep us informed of the delay or even acknowledge the amount of time spent waiting. Only when one person asked about it we were told that it was because of the baked potatoes that were ordered. So it took them an hour for something that max should only take 30 mins in an oven with no pre-cooking. It is a very limited menu for sides, rice or potato, so I would expect them to be more prepared especially on a Friday night.

There was no discount offered for the wait, which in total we were there for over 2 hours. It is pretty pricey considering that you have to cook half the meal yourself.

I will not go back and would not recommend to anyone.

• Visited June 2012