“Excellent food at reasonable prices”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Garry Street
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Garry Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,637 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Singapore
“Excellent food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Quality of steak is great! Portion is huge and friendly service. Prices are reasonable for the portion and quality (compared to my home country). Look the dungenese crabs as well.

• Visited July 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Mediocre Food, High Prices, Noisy and Crowded”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My friends wanted a nice evening with mothers and daughters. They chose the Keg on McGillvary Boulevard. Since my husband makes an excellent steak I looked over the menu and chose several appetizers instead. They were expensive-calamari 11.00, french onion soup 8.00, dungeness crab with macaroni 10.00 and a few other small items. The bill for two still came to over 70.00. The noise level was so high you had to yell to hear the person next to you. As for the service, well I don't blame the waitresses for mediocre food, however they never came back after delivering our order to find out if it was OK. We were overcharged for our non alcoholic drinks, which I had to bring to their attention. The onion soup was warm, and the Caesar salad tasted like the one you get at supe rvalue when it is discounted with lots of brown spots. I had asked for lemonade and received some sort of lemon pop, but I never got the waitresses attention until we got the bill.
I won't bother going back. I don't know why anyone else does either! I would have been better off at Niko's on Corydon for Greek food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank meierfamily
Fargo, North Dakota
“EXCELLENT SHRIMP”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

First time visitors to The Keg and we thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers - shrimp cocktail and another shrimp dish - Also tried a local beer called Fort Garry Lager and though it was great. We will return there some time for a nice dinner even though we looked at the menu and saw that The Keg is expensive. Also enjoyed the very nice outdoor seating. Only concern was the loud, not very good music. Hop9e they improve upon that to meet the food and atmosphere standard.

• Visited June 2014
“Read reviews and get an idea of what to order ”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Delicious steaks. Six of us went with no problems with service. French onion soup was so tasty my wife wouldn't share :) Caesar salads are a must
Crab special was good but doesn't want a little more crab mixed with their scallops and shrimp.
28 bucks for the classic, everything included, that's a deal
The salmon was ordered looked great. Who doesn't enjoy good food and great friends

Winnipeg, Canada
“steakhouse”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I always go to the Keg in Winnipeg on Garry Street. They have the best steak and shrimp meals that I have ever had and the cost is reasonable too. The atmosphere is great and the servers are very friendly and good hosts. I would recommend this restaurant to other people.

• Visited July 2013