“OK FOR 'OUT OF THE BAG' FOOD”

Saffron's Restaurant
Ranked #508 of 1,701 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mcmillan
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went in February 2013 with my husband. He ordered his usual pasta favorite of carbonara. I had cheese filled tortellini. The salads were extremely fresh and delicious as well as quite large. The carbonara arrived with the alfredo sauce seperated, butter at the bottom of the bowl and the linquini basically a lump of pasta stuck together. That is an indication the sauce had been reheated and not made fresh. This was brought to the attention of the server who spoke to the kitchen. The kitchen told the server "that happens when bacon is added to the sauce". They took no responsibility for the bad sauce. My tortellini was certainly not made fresh from scratch. It was from a restaurant supplier, although the pesto sauce on it was very tasty.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've been going to Saffron's for about 7 years now. It started as a place to go to on weekends with my pals. Karaoke on weekends with Jacquie Fox. Fun times. Summer patio is the place to be in Winnipeg for sure. I've always had great food served to me here. I've noticed people complain in earlier posts, I sum them up to just complainers, never happy period. As i've frequented the restaurant more and more, the staff have always greeted me with a smile. I always tip the staff. I notice some people don't. What's up with that? If I ever had a meal served to me I didn't like, I'd send it back, I wouldn't eat it,and then complain about it. That goes for any restaurant in this city.
I know I'll get my money's worth at Saffron's, and I'll be treated well when I visit.
The owner always goes out of his way to say hello to me and that just doesn't happen with other places I go to. A rare courtesy.
Great lounge too. Comfy. Cozy and not too loud like other lounges.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Saffrons is a pathetic place, the only reason it has stayed in business is because of the patio in the summer. I consider this place the Hooters of Corydon. The servers are terrible, all young girls hired because of their appearances not because they know how to serve. I went to meet a friend for a drink here, we walked in and waited for 15 min, even though there were only 2 tables taken because the hostess was to busy talking to the bartender to notice us. Finally we sat ourselves waited another 15 min for a server no one came, so we asked a girl walking past if we could get our server, she told us in the most rude voice that we wernt in her section and walked away, so we actually had to leave our table go up to the bar to ask for a drink. A waitress then told us to sit down and she would give us our drinks, she dropped them off without a word, didnt give us menus, didn't even ask if we wanted water, instead she went to go flirt with the table of men across from us. We drank our drinks in 10 min, of course we never got the bill so we had to go ask the bartender for it. Neither of us left a tip, and we wont ever go back. The waitresses here will only respond to male customers because they think acting like hooters girls will give them big tips, they ignore everyone else. It was so bad here we were even tempted to walk out without paying our bill, I garuntee they wouldn't even notice. Terrible!!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

only good thing about this place is the patio to people watch. Servers act like it is "the place to be", but it tasted like cheap bar food & watered down drinks.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

great late nite spot , dinner til 11pm, great service, good menu. try thai chicken, spent many evenings after work all summer long