“Delicious Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Norway House, MB
“Delicious Seafood”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is my favorite seafood restaurant ever! I always order the seafood feast, lobster, crab and shrimp, you can't go wrong. Starter ceasar salads are yummy. If in Winnipeg go there for sure!. Very busy on friday and Saturday nights, as it is the only Red Lobster in Winnipeg.

Visited July 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend as I love seafood. It has been a few years since I was here but it has deteriorated since then! I chose the Caesar salad which was absolutely dreadful- very little dressing, chopped up pieces of lettuce and no croutons. I ordered the garlic shrimp with the skewer of shrimp and a lobster tail. Although the shrimp were supposed to be different they tasted exactly the same - or should I say they were both tasteless ! The lobster tail was overcooked and tough. The only thing worth eating was the cheese bread. Their prices were expensive for what you were given and I really don't care if I never return there! Terrible

Visited August 2013
grandmahenry
“Revamped Red Lobster!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went for a joint birthday, anniversary celebration with family and had a very good lunch. The decor is vastly improved, cleaner, more open, just fresher. The food is still pretty much the same. My husband had popcorn shrimp (which he said were not as good as at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grand Forks), I had halibut with a baked potato and coleslaw, some had linguine, shrimp, and the little guy had chicken fingers off the kids menu. It was all very good. The potato bacon soup - though a little lacking in bacon - had great flavour and as always there are those delicious biscuits! Prices as it was lunch, were reasonable, service was excellent and a good time was had by all. It's a better than average chain restaurant with better than average food. Nice atmosphere too. (I don't think the staff appreciated my comment about Free The Lobsters! They looked nervous. LOL).

• Visited August 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Fresh Seafood with exceptional service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Visited with the family. Food was great - was told fresh seafood is delivered 3 times a week. Arrived after 08:00 PM on a Thursday and the place was extremely full, waited for about 20 Minutes.

Some of the food service people seem really attentive and friendly, especially the young Guy with the thick Black rimmed glasses, but others were not as attentive.

The Manager Darren visited our table and ensured we were happy with the visit. He also seemed to be hands on with service personnel when required, and attentive to other customers, and the conditions and services in general (kudos for a job well done)

Everyone at our table were happy with our meal, but some dishes had too much fried fillers. Would suggest company replace with healthier options - e.g. instead of 25 deep fried small Scallops and other small fried samplers, that it be replaced with an option for 2 or 3 decent sized Scallops or other samplers that are pan fried or baked.

Overall, I would say great food, people, and service, in a great location.

• Visited August 2013
Winnipeg, MB
“Newly remodelled with same great food.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited the Red Lobster for our anniversary dinner in July. The menu hasn't changed much over the years. This is the only remaining Red Lobster in Winnipeg, so be prepared to wait if you go after 4:30pm. The freshly remodelled restaurant seems to have added a few extra tables, but it still fills up quickly!

Their signature garlic & cheese buns are as good as ever! Have never been able to duplicate them at home, despite being told they're made from Bisquick. The service is usually excellent, though this time we were offered more cheese buns, and despite 2 reminders, they never arrived at our table. Our salads came quickly, followed shortly after by our meals. Always cooked to perfection, and even the fresh vegetables are nice and crisp and not over cooked! We come to Red Lobster for many special occasions because we're never disappointed with the food, and it's always a good evening out!

• Visited July 2013