“The Best Group Lunch”

Promenade Cafe and Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Promenade Cafe and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,701 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Provencher & Tache
Transit: We are central at the corner of Provencher and Tache.
Description: Promenade Cafe and Wine is our modern French Restaurant in the heart of Winnipeg's French Quarter, Saint Boniface. Our French Comfort food is homemade from Local ingredients and scratch made dessert are offered at reasonable prices. Our special events facility is the Historic Fort Gibraltar which our company won the best small business of the year through Tourism Winnipeg.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

French Quarters St-Boniface...a great stop by this restaurant is needed. We had lunch there with 25 people. The first time we could all eat together at the same time. Food was presented nicely and it was delicious. I really liked the sugar pie (my favorite). The staff is friendly and helpful.

1  Thank sweethummingbird

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We ordered the quiche with a side of soup. The soup was indeed very hot, the quiche was room temperature.
We also ordered the mussles with frites. The fries were cold and the mussles barely warm. Our waitress was no where in sight but the other much more alert waiter came over and had the food warmed.

We got the food back now at proper temperature. The sauce for the mussles was tasty and half of them were plump and juicy, the other half were minuscule and dry.

The quiche was now very dark brown on the outside and looked obviously overcooked and dried out. The soup which had been initially too hot to sample turned out too salty to eat.

We ate what we could, we were never asked if we would like anything else. And as we sat finishing our wine our table was not cleared.

We have both eaten at this Cafe before and we're there to celebrate a milestone, what a disappointment.

2  Thank Spiceupmylife
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Promenade was a surprising but rewarding find. It is a small room in a little strip mall overlooking the river and Provencher Bridge. It is a comfortable, informal room. This would be a popular local haunt in any Paris neighbourhood.

The menu is mostly French comfort food -- boeuf bourguignon, coq au vin, tourtiere, moules. A nice feature for me is they offer many dishes in half sizes. As someone travelling alone on business, I appreciate being able to sample different dishes in smaller portions.

In my case I was interested in the tourtiere and the poutine. Ordering both would have been way too much. Without me asking the waiter suggested replacing the usual potatoes that come with poutine with a small dish of poutine. It was still a big meal, but manageable and much appreciated that they so willingly accommodated me.

They have a nice wine by the glass program including, if you have deep pockets, a glass of Caymus for $40! Other than that, everything was reasonably priced.

My tourtiere with poutine was delicious, and at $17 a huge bargain. Several entrees were in the $16 range, bigger ones were into the $20s.

If you're driving they have their own parking out front. If you're staying at the Forks it is about a 10 minute walk.

2  Thank GVancouver
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped by after work for a drink and appetizers. What an amazing bistro. Much larger than I realized. The view of Esplanade Riel and CMHR are spectacular. The atmosphere charming and cozy. The service professional and attentive. We had the 1/2 pate with our wine and were served a lovely plate of yummy pate, crostini, cornichon and onion salad. All excellent. We will be back for dinner.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

All you need to know is its awesome! I came here from out of town w my family. The service is very friendly and the food is terrific.