“vegetarian delight”

Promenade Cafe and Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Promenade Cafe and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,669 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Provencher & Tache
Transit: We are central at the corner of Provencher and Tache.
Description: Promenade Cafe and Wine is our modern French Restaurant in the heart of Winnipeg's French Quarter, Saint Boniface. Our French Comfort food is homemade from Local ingredients and scratch made dessert are offered at reasonable prices. Our special events facility is the Historic Fort Gibraltar which our company won the best small business of the year through Tourism Winnipeg.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

A dreary winter's Saturday afternoon last week was brightened by a visit for lunch to Promenade Cafe. A warm welcome by easy going and attentive staff and a most tasty Quesadilla with Vegetables and homemade salsa made this vegetarian's day. This was my second visit, a couple of weeks after my first, when I enjoyed a most tasty curry soup with fresh bread. The delicious looking desserts are irresistible; I had the coffee cake on the first visit and the lemon torte on the second. I look forward to trying the dinner menu and tasting wine from the impressive wine list.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had heard great things from the view to the ambiance to the food. The live music on the weekend was nice.not overwhelming, and the room was warm which was nice. But apart from receiving our wine fairly quickly we had to get up and request someone to take our order after 45 minutes. Unacceptable!! And the waitress who came was so nonchalant and didn't even apologize. Appetizers were ok, main course was very good. But unfortunately the service issue overshadowed the whole experience as apart from the initial wait there was little follow up after. So to be honest we wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it :(

3  Thank Crysee
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had breakfast 3 times and lunch 1 time so far. I will be going back soon to try the fixed price menu as well. Each time the food and service have been excellent. Breakfast was done exactly how I liked, and the home made local jam was a nice touch, even the coffee was excellent. For lunch I had the Bison tourtiere which came with herb mashed potatoes and a delicious little house salad. My friend had the croissant with brie, pear, and prosciutto along with french onion soup. We shared an apple tart for dessert which was made in house...Everything was delicious and exceeded our expectations. More surprising was the very reasonable cost considering the quality.

Promenadebistro, Owner at Promenade Cafe and Wine, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We pride ourselves in bringing good value to our customers while still using quality local ingredients and scratch made desserts. One of our best values is the evening fixed price menu (4 courses for $25). We serve it family style so it engages the diners in a very social way. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'm not a big fan of high end dining but was brought to Promenade cafe and wine by a friend for lunch. I was pleasantly delighted by both the service as well as the food. I've been back a few times, and although there has been a slight issue once they've more than made up for it, both at the time, as well as in subsequent visits. I very highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants fine dining in a fun setting. The servers have always been friendly and helpful.

1  Thank fighter321
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Spent the day touring Winnipeg and saw this restaurant in a small strip mall. As it was about noon, parking was a job, but once inside, I was pleasantly surprised with the selections on the menu. I tried to get the bison meat pie, but the waitress came back all apologetic about the fact that they had just sold the last one. On her recommendation, I had the French Bistro which had beef strips in a thick mushroom sauce on an open-faced baguette, complete with the soup of the day - a delicious cream soup. All in all, well worth the effort to fight the parking situation.

Thank you for your comments and are glad you enjoyed the French Bistro Sandwhich. The sandwhich is from a menu item from when the chef and I worked together in the early 90's. The Bison Tourtiere is made from Manitoba Bison meat from a local farm. Some items do run out due to the slow cooking methods and that everything is fresh made in house. We look forward to your next visit.