“Nice place to go for lunch”

Promenade Cafe and Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Promenade Cafe and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Provencher & Tache
Transit: We are central at the corner of Provencher and Tache.
Description: Promenade Cafe and Wine is our modern French Restaurant in the heart of Winnipeg's French Quarter, Saint Boniface. We also operate Le Petit Cafe de l'Esplanade on the iconic Esplanade Riel Bridge which serves light confections, beverages and Francophone food with seating on the bridge. Our special events facility is the Historic Fort Gibraltar which our company won the best small business of the year through Tourism Winnipeg.
Steinbach, Canada
“Nice place to go for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I haven't had an evening meal here, but the lunch was very nice. Had the ham and pear croissant with foie gras poutine. Nice location just over the pedestrian bridge. Take the walk from the Forks and have a meal at this place. We enjoyed it quite a lot.

• Visited March 2012

Sylvania, Ohio
“Amazing flavors, great conversation, friendly casual/formal bistro style.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

When I travel for my work, I look for the local places I would feel comfortable in and still have an amazing meal. This place fits the bill. I asked what the special was and was told it was Chilean seabass, grilled with lemon beurre blanc over a basil pesto couscous risotto. I also chose a house salad with strawberry vinaigrette over mixed greens, red pepper (which strangely tasted like apple to me), and tomato. Perhaps it was just that I arrived after 8 PM and they close at 9 so they gave me a huge portion...but it was fresh and tasty. Bread was also served with some housemade herbed butter. I finally gave up on finishing the salad and the main course was delivered. I was amazed with the combination of flavors and made sure each bite had a little fish and couscous...mmmmm, so good. It was getting late and I was the only one left but still hadn't had the complimentary (with the daily special) dessert, a vanilla creme brulee with a fresh strawberry garnish. It went perfect with the coffee. Allison was the perfect server and she actually remembered me when I visited over a year ago. She was friendly with interesting conversation, never rushed me, and made sure I had everything I needed. Even the Chef, Neil Higginson said hi and asked how everything was. I was told they are under new management as of last December but it was just as good this time as it was about a year ago. The interior has new furnishings but it is still a very friendly, comfortable place to get great food and talk to friendly people. Pricing is reasonable, my special was about $25 including dessert.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank dreinker
Anola
“Pleasantly surprised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our first visit under this owner. The bistro part is cold in the winter. I expected better service for a bistro/fine dining resturaunt. The Borscht was superb as was the rest of our meal.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank misadventure_11
Winnipeg, Canada
“To my sweetheart on Valentine's Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Chose Provence Bistro to treat my Valentine and they did not disappoint. Went with the preselected menu and chose a bottle of French red (Cruse) that the waiter allowed us to sample. The beef burgouignon was excellent as was my gal's salmon and the desserts were "to die for"'. Service was also excellent; very professional. They just relocated to the Old French Quarter of St. Boniface and it was a wise decision. Bravo Provence, and welcome home!

• Visited February 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“New and Improved”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have been here before. it was good. Nothing impressive. but unpon dining here recently i was pleasantly surprised by the changes that had been made. the fine dining portion was lit by candles and was warm and inviting. the staff were prompt and very curtious. the menu seemed to have changed a bit. I had the gnocci which was fantastic and my husband had the boeuf bourginon. everything was quite resonably priced. i was excited to hear they were doing more changes in the spring. can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2012