“Kinda worth the wait”

Ranked #959 of 1,655 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Kinda worth the wait”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went here for Lunch with some friends. For the most part dining here was a joke. We arrived at 12:25 PM and was seated then. We ordered an appetizer of Poutine at 12:40 PM and the Poutine arrived at 1:15 PM, long enough considering the place was dead. The Poutine was delicious and after finishing it we heard the cooks in the back say "did those people at table#2 get their Poutine" Totally out of it. The wait was ridiculous. At one point I went to the back of the restraunt to grab something from my coat (where it was hanging) and I saw the cooks eating back their. Finally an hour after we sat down we finally placed our orders. A reasonable wait from then on when our Cheeseburger pizzas arrived. For the most part, the food wasn't even that great. We finally left the place at 2:00. Way longer than I expected.

• Visited March 2013

Winnipeg
“One of our city's better tasting Pizza restaurants.”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I've been a loyal fan of this place for many years.

They serve delicious pizza with generous toppings and cheese. My favorite has always been the Meat Tower specialty pizza - it delivers the goods!

They do more than pizza, offering sandwiches, cheese toast, pastas, lasagne, salads and more. They also have an all-you-can-eat spaghetti deal on Mondays.

I have never had anything other that the pizza, salads and cheese toast. The pizza and cheese toast are great, but the salads are rather ho-hum. I don't think the salad-eating crowd is their target market.

Based on observing other diners' meals over the years, it looks like they very much try to focus on giving a lot of good quality food for a good price.

The restaurant is fairly comfortable, however the decor is in need of refreshment. The wood chairs are old and creaky and the pink vinyl seats in the booths are old, cracked and torn, and no longer provide very much body support. These issues are not a big deal to me, but if ambiance is what you're after, you won't get it here.

The service is generally quite good, but it can be a bit spotty at times. One of the servers is a real Chatty Cathy and won't hesitate to tell you all kind of unsolicited things about her life.

While I love the food here, they've been experiencing some quality control issues because (at the time of writing this) they have new cooks that aren't delivering the same standard as the previous cooks. Don't be shy or meek about sending food back - on my last visit I had to send my pizza back 4 times due to it being under-done.

The management seems to want to deliver a quality product to the customers, but beyond that, they can be downright hostile. An example of this was when one of the toilets broke, the owner's response was to install gas station-style locks on the restrooms. Standing up front, waiting to get the key to pee or wash my hands is not amusing, and this little stunt cost him 6 months of my business. Thankfully the locks have been unlocked and you no longer ask for a key.

Go, take the bad with the good, and enjoy one of Winnipeg's best-tasting pizzas.

Make sure you call before you visit though, apparently the mall is not renewing their lease and they may be moving.

• Visited June 2011