“Great food and service......but no Portuguese wine.”
Review of Orlando's Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Orlando's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mcmillan
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

It has been a while since I last ate at Orlando's but it was as I remembered......delicious. The only negative for me was no Portuguese red wine on the menu! Besides that, service was great, good explanation of all the appetizers and entrees as they came out and of course, delicious food.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My spouse and I were looking for a new restaurant to try out in Winnipeg so we looked through tripadvisor and saw Orlando's had 85 out of 100 reviews at 5 out of 5. We thought can't go wrong.

We made a dinner reservation for 9pm and upon arrival were seated. Looking around the decor appears to be more wallmart, dollarama but that doesn't concern us as we are there for the food and neither give or take away points for decor.

We both ordered the Chef's special. Service was slow .. r-e-a-l slow and our waiter was pretty much flatlined.

The appetiser we started off with was cold, tasteless and one item was extremely fishy and awful.

Next, the salad, which was ok .. nothing special and not great but ok.

We waited till 10:30 pm for the main course.. an hour and a half wait !!!!! c'mon. The food again was cold and tasteless. Portions were so tiny you did see more plate than food. I have had larger appetisers in most restaurants than you get for a main course here.

The owner gave us an extra bite of fish for the long wait .. no kidding, the portion was that small.

He then wanted us to stay for some port but we declined and got out of there as quickly as possible.

There is absolutely nothing about this restaurant that would ever have us return. If we could give a zero !!!

2  Thank GWRC
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I ate here about a week ago and had the chef's special. Everything about the experience was executed wonderfully. Food very delicious and presented well, service was attentive yet unobtrusive. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The most amazing dinner I've ever had. Service was excellent, ambience was romantic and personal. I loved that the chef personally addressed our table before, during, and after dinner. Definitely a place to spend an evening.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A couple of my friends and I went there for dinner and were all super impressed. The server was excellent as well as the owner. Very personable and attentive to our needs. The food was excellent and well spaced out. We started with bread, then appetizers, then a delicious soup, and then the meal. All in all, great service, great food and worth the price.