“Untoasted and stale buns.”

Muddy Waters Smokehouse & BBQ
Ranked #275 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: Muddy Waters Smokehouse.....The place that loves to party! Located smack dab in the heart of The Forks market, we serve up good ol' Southern hospitality at its finest. The trademark menu at Muddy Waters is a mix of authentic and not-so-authentic Southern style Bar-B-Que. We serve up messy portions that you literally have no choice but to get into body and soul. We invite you to "Put some south in yo' mouth" with the BEST downhome Barbecue this side of the Mississippi! Muddy Waters is home to two of Winnipeg's hottest patios - on the river at the Forks! Take all the great BBQ fixin's home for the easiest and tastiest party you'll ever have.
Winnipeg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Untoasted and stale buns.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I visited this resteraunt on Friday for lunch . I was informed that I was not allowed to have the bun toasted for my burger. That it was to busy. That the buns are fresh. When I got my meal the bun tasted stale and was not soft. defiantly not a fresh bun. I do have to say that they just refuse to toast buns as they wouldnt do it the last time i was in as well and there was only 2 other tables in use. I do have to say the drinks we did not have to wait to long off . But when we were ready to pay the bill we were told it was going to take an extra 5 minutes due to paying in cash. Go figure! Which you would think cash would be faster. It's seems that they did not want to be inconvenienced. I'll think twice before I go back there again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Audra1974

Sheboygan, WI
“Good food. Excellent Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had a lovely meal, but what really made the meal was the service. The server and manager bent over backwards to help us with our gluten intolerance issues. Our son (13) ordered a hamburger and was distressed to receive a burger grilled with BBQ sauce. The server didn't make a big deal about it, sent him out extra fries and had them grill another burger with no BBQ sauce. I would definitely go again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank jensings2
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food! But not worth the terrible staff..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I used to go here frequently for dinner. We always loved the food. Our favorites were always the beef ribs, nachos, and the chicken wings. Of course the side of corn too, beans however we always left untouched.
We've not returned since the last few times we went, I hate to say it, but we left feeling "bullied" by the staff. We seemed to notice it worse and worse each time, until we decided the amazing food was not worth it anymore. The women we had as our waitresses each time seemed in a very bad mood, and never smiled, wouldn't look at us when taking our order. Then we noticed her go to another table, with customers that perhaps were more her type of people, and she was very smiley, and laughing with them.
Unfortunately no matter who served us, we preferred when they so often ignored us because they actually made us feel unwelcome, and not wanted there.
There are other small details that made it a disappointing dining experience, however they do not matter as much as the fact that I think they need to seriously work on hospitality.
We will never return no matter how good the food is If it is the same waiter/waitresses working there.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Kate J
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had gone there once before with a group of friends, we had a reservation yet they seemed completely overwhelemed when we came there with 10 people. the whole time i felt like we were such a burden to them. decided to give it another try. nobody came to take drink orders and after the hostesses and servers had finally argued out which table has which numer. a grumpy guy hesitatently came to serve us. insead of asking us for drink orders he asked for our order. I asked for water pointing out we had got nohing to drink, he seemd annoyed. food took long. they screwed up one of the orders. i asked for a side of mayo. after having asked 2 people and 20min later i went inside to get it myself. one of the gazillion servers seemed irritated. they handed my something. it went out. it was blue cheese. they ended up charging me for said mayo.
another couple that came in left without eater after they had to help themself to a menu and nobody came to take their order.
not understaffed just terrible organization and terribly unfriendly staff. definitly not going back ever again!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ttherry W
Winnipeg
“Visit weekly for TRIVIA night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I may be a bit biased because my daughter worked here, friends still work here and we visit once a week for "Trivia Night", a friendly trivia competition hosted by a local celebrity. With indoor dining and an outdoor patio (in summer, because its a bit tough to eat in 40 below temperatures) the weather may dictate your table choice. The menu is great with burgers, salads, some of the best ribs you can find anywhere, and a highlight chili side dish. Its a small restaurant in a big tourist attraction, The Forks, which is a century old railway yard/terminal converted into a retail mall with specialty food and artsy stores. Used year round for festivals and events, a perfect stop for lunch or dinner is Muddy Waters Smokehouse. A must dine when you visit The Forks.

• Visited June 2014