“Great place to spend a couple hours”

Muddy Waters Smokehouse & BBQ
Ranked #293 of 1,713 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: Muddy Waters Smokehouse.....The place that loves to party! Located smack dab in the heart of The Forks market, we serve up good ol' Southern hospitality at its finest. The trademark menu at Muddy Waters is a mix of authentic and not-so-authentic Southern style Bar-B-Que. We serve up messy portions that you literally have no choice but to get into body and soul. We invite you to "Put some south in yo' mouth" with the BEST downhome Barbecue this side of the Mississippi! Muddy Waters is home to two of Winnipeg's hottest patios - on the river at the Forks! Take all the great BBQ fixin's home for the easiest and tastiest party you'll ever have.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had to spend an afternoon at the forks and needed a place to work on some paperwork. This restaurant was very accommodating. A couple cold beer, a football game on the TV and some great wings and coleslaw made for a fantastic Sunday afternoon. The service was also very good.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I tried Muddy Waters Smokehouse & BBQ as there was a Groupon. I had never been there before and I'm not sure if I'd go back to be honest. It's wonderful to sit outside in the Forks and the service was friendly. The food however, was quite dry. I had chicken wings which were all dry and my father had a burger, also dry. The potatoes were not particularity good yet there was one shining star, the side of corn with bacon. Overall this restaurant needs to put more care into the preparation of the food as their efforts seem to be focused on plating, decoration, and service while their product suffers. Tighten up those efforts Muddy Waters.

1  Thank Stabbo
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This place has terrible food! We bought a Groupon for it and went with moderate expectations (given that the huge billboard on Disraeli says "best fall of the bone ribs in town"). The ribs were impossible to chew through, wings were burnt and had no seasoning, beans were lackluster and all the other sides were bland. Don't bother wasting your time or money on this one!! Not sure how they are still open...seems like a Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares to me!!

3  Thank Ally3232
muddywaters-wow, General Manager at Muddy Waters Smokehouse & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi! First of all thank for choosing Muddy Waters as your dining destination. I am unhappy to hear you did not enjoy our ribs. We have just recently change our preparation procedure on the ribs. We have found that we have made our product way better. I would love to opportunity to invite you back to our Restaurant. Please email me at muddywaters@wowhospitality.com.

Cheers,

Diego Moncado

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped in while we were touring the forks. My wife and the Caesar with chicken, my buddy had a burger and I had the chicken wings. All were very tasty.

The server was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable of the menu.

There were a couple of small irritations. The beer tap had just been fixed so there was no beer on tap and it was a little warm in the restaurant.

I would go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are in the Forks area this is a wonderful restaurant to try. The food is excellent, very good value, their drinks are also reasonable. The waitress we had was great, very friendly and helpful with advice for visitors/newcomers to Winnipeg. Will definitely return to this restaurant when I am travelling to Winnipeg.

muddywaters-wow, IT & Social Media at Muddy Waters Smokehouse & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear "27cadetmom",

Thank you for posting your review of our restaurant on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests, and thank you for taking the time to let us (and fellow diners) know how we are doing!

I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience with us during your visit. The Forks is a great location to be in and the whole area has such a positive attitude and energy that supports tourism, which is why we love to help those visiting our fine city out with whatever local knowledge and travelling advice we can offer! All we want to offer is great food (and drinks) at a great price with a smile. Hearing that you would "definitely return" to Muddy Waters upon a return visit to Winnipeg means we have done our job and I am so happy to hear it. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay in our great city!
Thomas Sontag