“Great gluten free meal”

Mona Lisa Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #189 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winnipeg
“Great gluten free meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went here a few months ago for our anniversary. I was happy that they had a good gluten free menu and my gf pasta was great! My husband (who is not gf) had a rice dish that was not so good, it was quite mushy. The table next to us also ordered that dish and we overheard them remarking the same thing! I was disappointed that they were out of a chocolate gf cake that I was looking forward to trying. But I had pistachio gelato that was fantastic! There was live jazz music playing which made it a nice atmosphere I would go back but I don't know if I can talk my husband into it.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank lovinbrandy

Winnipeg, Canada
“Way to expensive, crappy service, half decent food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went for a retirement dinner with a large group. The arranged deal was a buffet, which was a bit of a joke since there really was no selection, just one each of pasta, salad, bread, meat, veggie. I would not mind that, but not for 35$, not yet including dessert. Dessert was supposed to be optional, but they just served it without asking, for another 5$. They applied a 8$ mandatory tip to that, so after taxes I paid 58$ for the meal, having had only water to drink. I don't know if I have actually ever paid more for a meal in Winnipeg for one person. Staff was unfriendly and pushy. If I wanted to end on a good note, the tomato sauce they served with their appetizer bread was very nice.

• Visited February 2013
“lovely dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a lovely place! My family and I love going to Mona's!! There's something for everyone to enjoy on the menu. The service is fantastic and the young, dynamic staff are always willing to help and give their own personal recommendations. We'll always keep coming back!

• Visited February 2013
“Major Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

One of the most overrated dining experiences ever. Some of the most flavourless, bland pizza I've ever had, and also among the most expensive. Would not be worth it at half the price.

Visited September 2012
Beaconia
“ahhh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

this is just such a great place... best italian in winnipeg. They have great staff the best wine selction with anything you order. and great staff

Visited March 2012