“ahhh”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Beaconia
“ahhh”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

this is just such a great place... best italian in winnipeg. They have great staff the best wine selction with anything you order. and great staff

Visited March 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Used To Be Good”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Used to go fairly often, but prices seem to have gone up significantly to the point where there is not enough value in the food, beverages and service.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michael M C
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
“Don't bother going!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am very open minded as far as restaurants go as I travel extensively and eat at all kinds of places. We chose this restaurant as it was the only one I found open later on a sunday.

The problem we encountered is that we ordered some seafood risotto and when it was served, it looked like mash potatoes. We told the waitress and she called the manager and I explained that risotto should be al'dente, not mush. I ate some of the seafood on top but left the rice when I saw how it was prepared. I have to say that the waitress was very pleasant and helpful.

The isssue is that they did not remove the item, which was a hefty $25.00, from the bill but instead brought 2 glasses of grappa as a goodwill gesture. This pIace lacks restaurant business acumen.

I will not go again and will tell people not to try it.

I would also like to point out that the restaurant seating area is a little dated.

• Visited October 2012
WINNIPEG
“Not as good as we remembered”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Specialty pizzas were ordered with allowed substitutions but they seemed average for the price and the setting of an authentic Italian restaurant. Service was polite but not attentive.

• Visited September 2012
Winnipeg
“Not bad Italian food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food was made fresh so it takes a while to get it. When it does come, you will enjoy it. The waiter we had was ok but a bottle of beer fell on the floor at a nearby table and he took forever to sweep it up, despite the fact the lady had to watch the glass right under her feet. That was not right. Overall, we will go back here because the food it really fresh and tasty.

Visited September 2012