“Anniversary Spot”

Mona Lisa Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #192 of 1,641 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Anniversary Spot”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I had our first date here so we go every year in April. We've done a casual night of pizza (excellent) and a formal night with a 3-course meal. This place is great for either and the food is consistently great. The only reason I didn't rate it "Excellent" is because the last time we were here the service was really bad. That's unusual for them so hopefully we just hit them on a bad nice. The server was non-existent most of the night and not very attentive, but like I said that's out of the norm for them.

Visited April 2012

“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friend and I drove accross town to try the restaurant on Wednesday night for their featured wines and pasta half off night. Our reservation was for 6:30 and when I inquired about where to look for the specials our waiter knew nothing about it. When he asked for us about the special he came back and said is was over and all he could do was offer speggetti at half price. I told him I specificaly told the women when I made the resevation that I was coming for the half price night to try their pasta. He still he knew nothing and offered nothing more. Even if you look line and look at the advertisment for the Wednesday night special, it says nothing about a time as to when it starts or ends.
What were we to do - we drove accross the city to try the restarant.
The food was ok. I had the pizza and found it to be salty and no much flavour. The service was horrible. We had to ask twice for someone to take our order and had to ask for water refills serval times before someone - not even our waiter - would remember to bring us some. It wasnt even that busy.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bonnie598
Rome, Italy
“The best thin Crust Pizza in Winnipeg”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

In case you did not know, Winnipeg was the first place for carry out pizza. In fact the original restaurant is still there and I can review it another session. Mona Lisa on Corydon in my opinion ranks number one in Canada. The dough is obviously the secret; however, the heat is also important. You can build any style pizza you want and the salads including Greek are the best. A great combination of a thin crust Pizza Margarita, Greek Salad and a bottle of Chianti. What a blend. You can dine in or take it out. Reasonably priced with good size portions. The chef is no slump! Do I consider myself a connoisseur of Thin Crust Pizza? Yes? Have you ever tried a fried egg on top of a Greek Feta Pizza? To die for! So next time you are in Winnipeg and want the best in Pizza, try Mona Lisa. The staff and owner are in fact Italian. That helps, believe me!

• Visited March 2012
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and i went to Mona Lisa to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. The restaurant is small yet has white tablecloths and candle light in the evenings. The server, Dove, was very good - efficient and pleasant. Our spicy Italian pizza was excellent, as was the wine. We ordered our pizza without mushrooms and immediately Dove asked if there was anything we would like substituted instead - we were in shock! Our experience has been that the restaurant is happy if we give up a topping. When Dove found out it was our anniversary she brought us complimentary glasses of sparkling wine, which was a nice classy touch. All in all it was an outstanding experience and we look forward to returning in the very near future.

• Visited August 2012
Rabat
“Could have been better ...”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The location was great. The food was okay. The service was good. But if the waiter is going to pretend to be Italian, he should really learn how to properly pronounce bruschetta. The bruschetta was wonderful. Unfortunately the pizza was just okay.

• Visited July 2012