“Not just a pretty face”

Kristina's On Corydon
Ranked #87 of 1,701 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This establishment always greets you with a smiling face. Big windows right on the Corydon strip. Lunch or Supper, they never fail me. Great soups, Souvlaki, Burgers, and wonderful salads. Reasonable and always good. A great meeting place for wine and a snack in the middle of the afternoon. We frequent this favorite place on the way home from work.

1  Thank brianS1

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went to lunch here with friends. Our waiter was very attentive, and there was not one complaint from the 6 of us that where dining. Really enjoyed the lemon potatoes as well as the chicken souvlaki. Most of us had this meal. One on the diners had a half salad and it was more than enough for a lunch. They did not scrimp on the portions sizes. There was absolutely no room for dessert. Would i come back here again, for sure!

1  Thank turtlebomb
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Decided to try as it was participating in Dine About for the first time.

We sampled all their DA menu options and added calamari. Portions were unreasonably small!! So disappointing.

The appetizer 'platter' was 2 slices of tomato with feta, 2 olives, a square of spanakopita and a tiny piece of pita - pathetic. Main courses were so-so - the lamb and souvlaki were small; the stuffed peppers were decent. As for dessert - laughable!! Literally 2 spoonfuls.

We have been to MANY restaurants participating in Dine About and have never had an establishment offer their menu with "bites" of the offerings. For $28 PLUS an extra appetizer, my husband left hungry.

Will credit the spanakopita and baklava were both very tasty. Lamb and souvlaki were nothing special. Service was warm and interior is bright and roomy.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I stopped by Kristina's for a late afternoon drink and appetizer. We normally don't go for sangria, which we find to be a waste of good wine, but it looked so good at the table next to us that I asked about it. The very helpful server said she makes the sangria and it is very good. I hesitated, and she asked if I would like a taste. I tried and it loved it. Started with a half carafe but that went down so quickly that I had to get another. My wife and I agree, it was the best sangria we had ever had. Not a conventional recipe, but it was excellent. The kalamari was very good as well, and the food delivered to the other tables looked very good, but we had other dinner plans already. If for no other reason, go for the sangria.

2  Thank SiteGuy
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I went there four times in the past two years - was only able to eat there once. The first time my party was turned away because just past 9pm we were told the kitchen was closed. Another time was a hot long weekend - restaurant was closed for the weekend in the heart of Winnipeg's largest outdoor dining neighbourhood. The third time we were able to get a table on the patio for lunch and the meal was terrific. The fourth time two of us were not permitted to take a table at the patio though there were three pairs of tables for two available - they were hoping a table of six would show up and take it even thoughhis was after the dinner rush. I can't imagine turning away paying customers standing right in front of you in the hopes that a six more would show up and want that row of tables. Hard to recommend a restaurant that is diligent about turning customers away when there are plenty of empty seats.