Kum Koon Garden
Ranked #252 of 1,687 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: Experience for yourself why Kum Koon Garden is acclaimed by critics as one of the top restaurants in #Winnipeg and the finest Dim Sum in North America! KUM KOON GARDEN RESTAURANT IS A WINNIPEG DESTINATION One of Winnipeg’s finest, Kum Koon Garden Restaurant offers authentic Chinese cuisine in a modern and elegant environment. Choose from a wide selection of fresh dim sum and our vast menu of Chinese dishes - all prepared fresh using the finest ingredients. The updated décor combined with exquisite cuisine has made Kum Koon Garden a popular venue for numerous banquets and events. Come in and experience for yourself why Kum Koon Garden is acclaimed by critics as one of the top restaurants in Winnipeg. KUM KOON GARDEN RESTAURANT MENU The mission is simple: serve delicious, authentic Chinese food that guests will want to return to week after week. Kum Koon Garden's menu offers an abundance of selection, with over 250 dishes to choose from. All our dishes are prepared fresh using only the highest quality ingredients. Whether it's dim sum or dinner, our menu is sure to impress! KUM KOON GARDEN RESTAURANT HOME DELIVERY Don't feel like leaving the comfort of home? Kum Koon Garden offers convenient delivery service courtesy of SkipTheDishes. BANQUETS & EVENTS AT KUM KOON GARDEN RESTAURANT From wedding receptions to corporate events, Kum Koon Garden is an ideal venue. Our main dining area seats up to 650 guests comfortably and the private VIP dining room seats 48. KUM KOON GARDEN IS IN WINNIPEG’S CHINATOWN PARKING A large pay parking lot is located next door to the restaurant. Parking tickets will be reimbursed for patrons of Kum Koon Garden in the Impark parking lots beside and behind the building only.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is the only place I go for Dim Sum in Winnipeg as I has not seen it listed on the city of Winnipeg website of unsanitary places. It is located in chinatown, which is not a "safe" area in Winnipeg, but you should be find during the day. It is not cheap by any means. I have gone during the week and on weekends at lunch hour. I usually don't wait long for a table. They will refund $6 for the parking if you save your receipt. The dimsum items change depending on the day. For two of us, it is usually about $40 for lunch (with green tea) and we still could eat more. Most of the items we find are $6. The service is good. There is a very fancy fish tank in the front lobby. It is always busy.

1  Thank asiatrip2007Winnipeg

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I believe this location offers the best dim sum in Winnipeg. The service is attentive, the food spectacular and the owner cares so much that he is usually at the front door greeting and welcoming you to his establishment.

The price is not low, but this is reflected in the quality. If you want cheap go to the mall. If you want authenticity and quality, come here. You will not be disappointed.

On your way out check out the salt water fish tank with a huge variety of live coral. This will also not disappoint.

2  Thank marathonguy
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Let me begin by clarifying that the full 5 stars I've awarded apply only within the category of dim sum establishments (of which I've sampled countless in many cities) and not across restaurants in general. Kum Koon Garden would be competitive even in cities with much larger Chinatowns than Winnipeg's. The serving staff were more upbeat than is often the case, and all the dishes were not only always served piping hot but also well above average in quality and taste.

I'm addicted to the more hardcore end of the dim sum menu—the tripe, the chicken feet, etc. This invariably provokes disbelief from the servers when I order them; this time, I got, "You like real dim sum like Chinese people!" Well, no disappointment at Kum Koon Garden, where I enjoyed not only the standard tripe recipe one can find anywhere but also a variant I hadn't previously tasted. The tamer items like dumplings were delicious too. If you go, don't miss the fried taro, a real winner.

The restaurant is huge, but didn't feel overcrowded or noisy. It's nicely decorated in traditional style, and there is a superb marine aquarium in the entrance. This is one of the few dim sum restaurants in Winnipeg that accepts American Express.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went today 25sept.2013 to make reservation for my daughters birthday party, I was waiting in line around 7 minutes since the guy/cashier is still talking on the phone to a customer and when it was my turn the guy/cashier told me to wait so he can first entertain those in line 8 person behind me who will be paying.i was about to reserve around 200 guest then, short memory since my son birthday was held there couple of years ago and I was billed $3600. Next time treat your customer with respect.
Never again 2048876436

3  Thank Rommi510
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We made a reservatio for a party of 18. We were not informed that there was a Chines wedding taking place at this restaurant. There was a female MC who was loud and obnoxious. Their guests also were very boisterous. we could not hear each other (in our party), at all. There were too many of us to go somewhere else. We complained to the management, but they just shrugged their shoulders. our Winnipeg friends said they would never go there again.

1  Thank Leonard L