“Good Food - TERRIBLE SERVICE” 3 of 5 bubbles

Johnny G's Restaurant
Ranked #408 of 1,625 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Winnipeg
“Good Food - TERRIBLE SERVICE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went with a couple friends for lunch Main Stree Location. Arrived at 11:30am to beat the rush. Ordered promptly at 11:35, Rock'n Roll Burger, Magic Burger and Chicken Wings. At 12:00pm two tables that arrived after us had already recieved their food. Everytime the waitress would walk by our table she would not make eye contact. On one of her passes my friend literally had to yell to get her attention. We asked if our food was coming soon. She replied in a condescneding tone "it takes 15 minutes to make a burger". She came back in about 10 minutes (12:10pm) and told us our food was the next to be made. We finally received our food at 12:25pm and the waitress said we would get a discount. The food was good as expected, although my friends fries were cold and soggy. We got a 50% discount. I would have been happy to pay full price if we were just told that our order was lost or whatever really happened. Just don't lie or make up excuses like how long a burger takes to make. In that case we should have been eating before 12:00. Probably won't go back, can get a good burger anywhere in the city. Plus I'm 41, shouldn't be eating burgers at 3 in the morning, which is probably why Johnny G's is so popular in the first place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Randy W

Winnipeg, Canada
“Not sure what the fuss is about...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I think this restaurant is so popular because it's become a Winnipeg "institution" and is open late, not because the food is great. Had lunch here a few weeks ago and while nothing was terrible, it certainly wasn't spectacular. Had a Greek salad to start and quesadillas - both were decent but nothing to rave about.

Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For burger lovers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nice fat juicy burgers. Classic! Not for the small of stomach, though! Come with a big appetite, or don't come at all!

Visited December 2011
Regina, Canada
“Not likely to rush back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went to Johnny G's for the first time last night. I read poor reviews on Urbanspoon but thought I should try for myself. Despite the restaurant being almost empty the service was incredibly slow. I only had a salad and it was painfully average. Portion sizes were large. No real reason to go back.

Visited June 2012
“Three eggs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Don't make the mistake I made and automatically order a two eggs breakfast (which is what I always order, no matter what restaurant), because then you'll actually get two eggs. The breakfasts at this place have THREE eggs :-) Nothing special, just your classic basic breakfast diner. Love it.