“Great place”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The old girl and I, got lost in Winnipeg just the other day, As we walked the streets of the down town.
We found this wonderful greek restaurant. Try the ribs, great service, and food. Not far from the U of Winnipeg. We found the car, finally! Should have parked at Homers in the first place.

There are newer reviews for Homer's Restaurant

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Greek salad was ok except for the big piece of core in it. I had steak and prawns, no seasoning on anything! Not the steak, not the shrimp, not the veggies, oh the lemon potatoes had lemon on them. There was some not so Greek sweet potato hash on the plate, big pile of mush! My sone had the veal cutlet sauce on the side. Omg 2 pieces of rubber with barely any breading and no crispy fried goodness withe the same bland sides. Caesar salads were limp romaine with whole mustard seeds in the dressing? BBQ ribs had mustard seeds all over them too.
When I told the waitress about the seasoning or lack of salt and pepper, she said "oh, we don't salt anything" how can you not at least salt and pepper any of the food? My wife's avgolemono had no chicken or rice in it.
Won't go back.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We ate a weekend lunch at Homer's and enjoyed the meal, service, and restaurant atmosphere. We were able to converse without loud music or other diners sitting too close (to overhear). The starter soup was tasty and our main courses were very good, served with a side of vegetables and lemon roasted potatoes.

Homer's was a good place to test out Greek food. The ample servings, which were not overpriced, were a major plus for a couple who eats out on a budget!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was wavering between a 3 and 4 for this one. For whatever reason I don't think I've ever had souvlaki that I thought was really good - even in Greece. It's always just "okay" for me and this place was no exception. However, the pita and dips and moussaka and other dishes were all quite excellent. Beer selection could be improved. Good service. We'll be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wide variety of authentic Greek food, with some particularly good vegetarian options. Homer's serves what is likely the tastiest potato I have ever eaten.

Staff are friendly, professional, and helpful. Atmosphere is a bit foreign, but perhaps that's what you're looking for in a Greek restaurant.

Overall, I have no complaints. My experience here has been nothing but positive.