“greasy food”

Fusion Grill
Ranked #55 of 1,665 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Credited with serving the best food and dining experience in Winnipeg featuring a "new prairie cuisine." Fresh fish is served the same day it is caught. 100% grass-fed beef, bison and elk are sourced from reputable local producers. Organic wild rice, produce and pulses are carefully prepared to create wholesome vegan options. Foragers comb the Manitoba wildlands to provide us with morel mushrooms, fiddleheads, chanterelles, berries and more from the Boreal forest. Chef Lorna Murdoch creates a stunning array of creative shared plates and entrees. You are going to love your food and service at fusion grill. The all-Canadian, Cuvee Award winning, wine list includes rare and highly prized labels with over 30 wines by the glass. Waiter/owner, Scot McTaggart has an intimate & extensive knowledge of the B.C. & Ontario wine regions. The bar also features unique culinary cocktails with all your favorite international spirits and an always fresh selection of local craft beer. Guests are guided by friendly, knowledgeable service people in a 41 seat dining room set with white linens, Riedel crystal and a gallery of paintings by local artist, Kirstin Britt-Hansen.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We reserved a table for lunch last week. We walked into the restaurant and saw a mishmash of decorating styles and cafeteria style tables and chairs . This was certainly not a place to enjoy a conversation with your dining partner. There was even a table within 2 feet of the door.
After reading reviews of Fusion Grille we were excited to sample the food. We left feeling unwell and very disappointed. The Rueben sandwich was greasy and without flavour, the fish salad looked amazing but greens were old and dressing merely sweet and very watery. The deep-fried avocado on top of the salad was lovely to look at but again was oily and tasteless. The best thing about the meal was mushroom soup - full-bodied, rich and almost a meal in itself. Lovely soup but I wish the rest of the meal had been of the same quality. Service was poor. No one bothered asking us how our meal tasted, no one asked if we wanted dessert. I would not recommend this place for the ambience, food or service.

1  Thank 754SueG
There are newer reviews for Fusion Grill

Reviewed August 28, 2013

It was nice to see Fusion Grill participating in this event. We had a great lunch on a very hot day. We sampled the Fusion Grill Club sandwich with very nice house smoked turkey breast. We also sampled the Reuben which was outstanding although a more unusual take on this classic. The pickled ginger aioli was great. Side dishes also showed attention to detail. Both the Caesar and house salad were nicely prepared and were delicious. The sweet potato fries should however not be missed.

1  Thank gmtravellers
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This would have rated an excellent if the service speed was decent, but it was very slow.
The owner cares about the quality of his food, and if the same effort were put into service it would be fantastic. "Let me take care of you" translated into perfect food and very imperfect service. I don't know if the waitress was in training or just was lazy, but she just stood there for a majority of the time while the owner took care of multiple tables. At the point where I had to wait over 15 min. to find out about desert choices after I asked, I said to forget it when she finally came by even though I wanted one. It appears there is some kind of miscommunication at the least-a problem between owner and waitress,
The arctic char was delicious and tops. All the food we ordered was excellent. We would be back for the food if we come this way again, but if it still happened a second time with lack of timely service, that would be it. It is a shame since the food is top quality and we don't mind paying for gourmet quality. I had the feeling from watching that "regulars" get better service.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

While in Winnipeg we decided to try out this restaurant. On the pricey side. Waited a long time for food. Didn't serve any bread or rolls so sat for 45 min for dinner. Food however was very tasty. I enjoyed the pork. My daughter had the duck breast. Done very well with the sauce. Halibut was done just right .

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The value for the lunch menu is very good. I have also enjoyed a high end dinner at Fusion Grill. The only thing keeping me from ranking this establishment higher is the run-down and somewhat crowded interior.