“Buffet Dining that Out-shines Served”

East India Co Pub & Eatery
Ranked #86 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Ottawa, Canada
“Buffet Dining that Out-shines Served”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

There are only two of these retaurants in Canada. Ottawa and this one in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

All of our food selections were delicious. Where else can you sample and experiment with Indian foods and all their unique sauses and trimmings. I particularly liked the basmatti rice when I piled the black bean sauce on top. The tandoori chicken was perfect and uncharacteristically moist. The butter chicken was delicious, I went back for seconds.

A young boy sitting across from me said he was going to explode. He loved the taste of the food so much he just wanted more and more.

I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013

Winnipeg
“Many Options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have tried many Indian restaurants in Winnipeg and we keep returning to East India because of the variety. We have eaten off the menu as well as the buffet. Yes it is a bit pricey but there are a large variety of options to choose from. Most recently we dined there on a Saturday night. It was quite busy and unfortunately they appeared to be short on staff. The server we had was very quick and really pleasant. We will return again.

• Visited August 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Take-out portion sizes were horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ordered take out from the East India Company this evening and were VERY disappointed on the portions. For $83 we got very, very little food. We ordered four dishes and they were all in extremely tiny white plastic containers. The Dhabba chicken had about five pieces of chicken with a very little amount of sauce (the tiny container was not even filled the entire way) and the meat was tough and they charged us $17 for this! When we have ordered from this restaurant at work (big orders of over $300) they mix white AND dark meat chicken pieces in this dish - I guess when you are just ordering for your family you get five tough pieces of dark meat. Besides the four dishes we also ordered barfi and the price on the menu appears to be different than the price actually charged. It was very good barfi, but not good enough to make me order from this restaurant again when I get very little food for the money we spent. Honestly, because of this experience I will not be using this restaurant in the future when we order from the hospital I work at. I've completely been turned off of it now. Maybe the buffet gives you more bang for your buck, I've never been to the buffet so I don't know, but I would not order take out ever again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ramona P
Calgary, AB
“Great Variety for a Fair Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We recently meandered over to the East India Co while staying at the Fort Garry Hotel. We thought the buffet was a decent price at $20.95. There were a wide variety of dishes - so many that I didn't have enough room in my belly to try them all! While not the absolute best Indian food I've had, it was still quite tasty and satisfying. Definitely worth a try if you've not been before.

• Visited June 2013
swan lake mb canada
“Sub-par.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hadn't been here in years. Buffet menu pretty much as I remembered, pretty average and nothing special. Price HAS changed however. As an Indian food lover this place has become very mediocre. Probably our last time.

• Visited May 2013