“Great food!”

Colosseo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #438 of 1,641 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mcmillan
Fergus Ontario
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A great place to grab a meal with friends or family. We had a very relaxing meal on the patio and while the server could have been a little friendlier the food more than made up for it. I would recommend this as a place for a casual meal or a romantic evening.

• Visited August 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Won't be back”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We really want to like this place, the food for the most part is good but we wont be back due to the extreme lack of basic customer service. We went on Friday night for mussels as we have done several times, they are among the best in town. We were greeted at the door by a shout from the hostess who was about 15 feet away and told to follow her to our table. See remained about 10 steps ahead of us on the way to the patio, slapped our menus down on the table and left without a word before we had even arrived at the table ourselves, really made us feel more like we were a bother to her. The service from the waitress was not much better, rushed, unattentive, and uncaring. She wouldn't even stop at the table to speak to us but instead would say something quickly as she walked by on the way to rush past another table. Major delay at the end of the meal to get our check, had to ask several times. When we finally did get it, it was dropped on the table as she again quickly rushed by without even a thank-you, all she said was "you can pay at the front". When we paid at the till we expressed our displeasure with the lack of service but there was no empathy shown or any inquires at all as what had happened. The management really needs to address these issues, they have good (not great, but good) food, a nice patio but terrible service which seems to be a common issue in many reviews here. Would love to come back for the mussels but will find somewhere else where our business is appreciated and the servers slow down a little in order to show it.

• Visited August 2013
Pasco, Washington
“Zero points for presentation...”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was recommended to me at my hotel. The area the restaurant is in is very cool with a lot of places to eat within walking distance.

The building is nice with curbside patio seating. I was initially thinking pizza but was advised by my waitress to not order it as "it will take a long time because a lot of people just ordered it". Seemed like a bad thing to say, but I wasn't dead set on pizza so I went with a Chicken Pasta dish that was very flavorful, but looked like a mess when served. Just a pile of noodles drenched in sauce with chicken buried somwhere underneath.

I asked for a dessert menu but was told "we are really low on desserts". Wow. Second time my waitress discouraged me from something that is on the menu! Anyway, I ordered a cannoli that was pure melted mush when it arrived. Again, the flavor was good but the presentation was awful. She was even embarrassed and apologized as she served it to me. Can't believe they even bothered to serve it looking the way it did.

I hope they can get their act together. The food tastes good enough and the location/building are charming, but you have to make it look edible!...

Visited August 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“bang for buck”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

for many dinners under $20 they feed you very well and provide excellent quality and service. I will come back.

Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Service was slow. We had a reservation and still had to wait . Salad was wilted, dry and had no dressing. I had veal wrapped shrimp and spaghetti. It was overdone and chewy. We had a larger party and none of the meals had good flavor. Expensive. Would never go back.

• Visited July 2013