“Not best Pizza in Winnipeg”

Casa Grande Pizzeria
Ranked #124 of 1,678 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I were there last night (13 Apr 12) to celebrate her Birthday. We didn't check reviews so no reservation was made and we had to sit upstairs. Going up the stairs the first thing we noticed was how filthy the walls are! Warm soap and water does wonders and should be used in this case. Once seated and while waiting for our server we checked out the furnishings. Old and torn chairs were quite easy to spot throughout the restaurant. Enough about the decor!
For apps, my wife ordered mussels and I ordered the tiger shrimp. There were 30+ mussels in her bowl and it came with garlic toast. My app consisted of 6 very nice sized shrimp and both of these dishes were VERY GOOD!!! The service thru the complete meal was very good and deserved the tip at the end.
Now, for the pizzas. We have both travelled thru Europe and eaten a lot of pizzas along the way and believe me these are not any better than you could make at home yourself. The ingredients are fresh and Im sure the dough is fresh but it really isn't a very good pizza!
We will probably go back but with a reservation and we will try other dishes from the menue.

1  Thank William M

Reviewed March 27, 2012

A friend kept ranting and raving about this place and finally took me there for lunch so I could be the judge. He is a picky eater and has went on a year expedition trying to find the best pizza in Winnipeg. He isn't always right about everything, but he certainly was right about this place! Great pizza, service and value for your buck!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

One of our favorite resturants to visit, great decor/atmosphere and the food is great, has a real italien flavor to the whole place

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I was very disappointed on this visit. I was craving their pizza but found the quality of the pizza has gone down while the price has gone up. I also was charged for each refill of Pepsi ($2.00) which really surprised me. They never use to charge for refills on Pepsi. When the majority of restaurants give you complimentary refills of non alcoholic beverages I found it insulting to be charged for each glass of Pepsi.

I would not go back.

1  Thank mexicallyrose
Reviewed February 23, 2012

After having been to Italy, I have to say this pizza is very close to the real thing. And very cosy, too. Date night is a good time!