“Still the best nachos in the Peg”
Review of Carlos & Murphy's

Carlos & Murphy's
Ranked #377 of 1,648 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mcmillan
Winnipeg, Canada
“Still the best nachos in the Peg”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Carlos & Murphy's is a village staple. The cozy restaurant still offers the best nachos in the Peg. Great stop before or after a movie or take a stroll through the village and shop the unique stores.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank WpgSoccerMom

Edmonton, Canada
“Great place if you want a down home feel”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I come here when I pass through Winnipeg with a local friend . I like the small intimacy of the place - it's a relaxed hipster hang out without being pretentious . We always sit at the bar and get into fun intense debates with the bartender . I enjoy discussing the merits of one night stands over monogamous relationships , corn over peas and survival tactics of the zombie apocalypse . The wings are good and I have not had a complaint over the food . If your looking for a bar or restaurant where you will be catered to like royalty head to one of the numerous upscales in the area . If your looking for a great place to hang out talk and enjoy interacting with the staff as friends instead of servants this is your kind of place . Safe travels !

1 Thank Erinawol
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Food was below average.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went here with my wife and I order the beef burritos and she order beef enchiladas. Mine had no flavour and the Mexican rice was old and hard. The beef in her enchiladas was beyond dry. I ordered a lime margarita and she order a strawberry one. Mine had no lime taste and I could only taste the tequila. I wouldn't have mined but it was cheap tequila. Her's had almost no tequila and tasted like strawberry syrup. Definitely not going back.

• Visited October 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Seriously?!?!?!?!?”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

First came into the restaurant, there's no greeting at all from the employees/employer. We met a tall guy and he was just quiet to us. We were wondering was he the owner or employee or not. He had a tiny little smile to us. That's all. That was an awkward moment for us. Second, in the US, when we ate out at Mexican restaurant, they gave us FREE nachos and salsa while we're waiting for the food. But not in this restaurant. Third, the food was awful ... It didn't taste anything like Mexican food. The flavour was not strong enough. Fourth, for these kinds of quality, they're way too pricey.

I will go to other Mexican restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Dee-Chand
Winnipeg
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I guess it's carefully contrived grungyness is charming, but the food is terrible.... well below even the poorest grade of Mexican cuisine. I can make better Mexican at home out of a kit. No exaggeration.

Visited August 2012