“Happy 35th anniversary Mitzis”

Mitzi's Chicken Finger Rest
Ranked #245 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
“Happy 35th anniversary Mitzis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great to see a family owned restaurant 35 years old. Great chicken fingers, very quick service and low prices.

• Visited June 2013

Winnipeg, MB
“Good, but not legendary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

They are good, but not as good as their reputations says. Still just deep fried chicken. The ambiance is nothing special and it is always crowded at lunch time.

Regina, Canada
“Impressed...by chicken fingers?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Mitzi's is a couple of blocks from my hotel, and after hearing the hype from a couple of locals, I figured I had to try it. I am not normally a chicken finger fan, so find me surprised to discover they are extraordinary. The fingers are tender. The batter non-greasy. The honey dill dip is amazing. I ordered them with chicken fried rice which was mediocre, but the fingers made it worth it.

Visited April 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“I don't know what everyone is raving about”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I tried this restaurant after I heard all the rave about how amazing the chicken fingers are. The restaurant is downtown so trying to find parking was a nightmare. The place was empty, we were literally the only ones in there, that is never a good sign. The waiter was rude and it took forever just to get water brought to us. Once our chicken fingers finally came, well they were just okay. I can make the same thing at home & they come from a box. I would never go back and personally don't understand why so many people go here and say its good. I was disappointed to say the least.

• Visited September 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chinese restaurant disguised as chicken place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Ive heard the hype and Winnipegers.... You are too easily pleased. I've found many "reviews" on here are more like plugs for restaurants than actual critical reviews.... Anyhoo...The chicken fingers had the same texture as Chinese food mystery meat. Some bits real chicken, some bites I don't know what the mush was. Rice was Chinese, vegetables were Chinese, shrimp was chinese... Doesn't mean it was horrible just not expected and not how the restaurant touts itself..... The meal was well, tasted like Chinese food... Rice was very dry, vegetables were fairly tasty (chinese sauce) and the shrimp was battered in a thin tasty batter that was unlike most Chinese batters. The only really good thing I can say about Mitzis is the batter on the chicken. It IS very good. Light, thin and crispy with the right amount of seasoning. Had the actual chicken been good I'd be giving a great review, but it wasn't. And chicken is their thing.... Fried rice, shrimp or veggies..... Chicken. Sorry Mitzis but you dropped the ball.

1 Thank Scott S