“Great food, great prices in older restaurant”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Caribbean, Greek, Pizza
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Julianna's seems to have been around forever. We used to go often back in university days about 40 years ago. Since then there have been several owners but the heart of the menu has stayed the same. Quality has remained great with each owner and prices don't seem to have changed that much in all that time. The decor and washrooms haven't changed either but that gives the restaurant its charm.
Pizzas are among the best in the city. Real cheese! Is used. A large pizza with several toppings is $15-17 and serves 4 people for lunch. Add a shared Greek or Caesar salad and you have a delicious meal for under $10. We celebrated our son's graduation from university today. He chose the restaurant as we had gone there for his grad from jr high and high school. A bit of a tradition. We haven't been back for quite a while but today's meal made me think we need to go back more often. Jamaican and Greek good are also available

1  Thank Lesterbeach

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The décor was a little older, but had some charm. Some colleagues and I went for lunch. We all had something different and we all agreed delicious! I had the beef roti and greek salad, the salad was perfect and not to much dressing. The Roti was full of beef and was a very large portion and just tasted so wonderful! The owners were very nice and paid special attention to detail! We are all discussing when we are going back already and we just returned to work from lunch!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

After finding out Juliana's was used as a set for the tv comedy Less Than Kind, we decided to check it out. The atmosphere is old world elegance meets 60's Italian dining room meets 70's diner, add in some huge tropical plants and a lunch counter for a truly interesting decor. We ordered a chicken roti, chicken pita with Greek salad and baklava for dessert. The service was quick and friendly, the food excellent and portions large enough that we took leftovers home. We are definitely going back. Loved it.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I can why Winnipeggers would like to keep this a secret for themselves. Ample portions, great friendly service, made to feel at home. Great island cooking - full body spices. Strictly a no frills Mom & Pop set up, no extra charges for the decor. The jerk pork was GREAT ! Wish I could have brought a portion back to Toronto

2  Thank DC972
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Juliana Pizza and Restaurant is a locally owned, Mom 'n Pop restaurant that my friends and I have been visiting for years. The menu offers a delicious array of both Greek and Caribbean specialties. The proprietor may be a little quirky at times but he's got a great sense of humour and any time I've been there the service has been prompt and attentive. My personal favourite is the oxtail stew, a Caribbean comfort food that warms the stomach and the heart on a cold winter's day. I like the shrimp roti but my friends often order the chicken roti. You can't miss either way, although I wish they'd wrap the ingredients inside the roti instead of spreading them on top. All the salads are crisp and fresh. My personal favourite is the Greek Salad, a meal in itself if you've arrived with a small appetite. I rarely order the pizza but two of my friends order it regularly and say that it is very good. Judging by the taste and quality of most menu items I'm pretty sure that everything is prepared "in house". The chef is a talented Jamaican woman who cooks for her customers as if she were cooking for her own family. In a restaurant that does such a good job with everything else it's a little surprising that the coffee isn't better. It tends to be weak and tasteless, maybe a generic brand, that does little more than offer a tiny caffeine fix. The decor is a little dated but comfy and warm. Overall, this is a great place to grab lunch or supper. Chances are you'll get more than enough to eat and it will taste great!