“lives up to it's name”

Delicious Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #206 of 1,701 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed March 23, 2014

one of the best vegan asian restaurants i have eaten at. huge portions and great flavours. everything is great, the deep fried mushrooms are one of my favourites.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are always on a lookout for good vegetarian friendly restaurants. We came across this restaurant whilst browsing through UrbanSpoon app and based on the review decided to give it a try.

The restaurant in located on Pembina Hwy, about five to ten minutes drive from downtown. They have a shared parking area at the back of the restaurant. The decor is simple but welcoming with green wallpaper and soothing music.

The lady who took our order was friendly and helpful. I don't like sea weed or Chinese fungus in my food and she made sure it wasn't part of the ingredients. The food was very tasty and there was plenty of it in a portion. Despite being fairly busy on a Friday evening, the chefs were quite quick to prepare and they did it without compromising on quality or quantity.

It is unfortunate that they do not do deliveries to Downtown. We will be visiting again soon and I hope they continue to offer good service and food.

2  Thank KevRadu
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pick anything on this vegan menu and it will be exciting, interesting and delicious! The service is fantastic. The decor plain but clean. The ambiance is chill.
Just some of our favorites are in no particular order;
#2,#27,#30,#34,#51!,#62,#88,#77

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I don't usually write reviews for establishments in the city where I live because of obvious biases that come with familiarity. But Delicious Vegetarian merits some comments. There are less than a handful of dining venues in Winnipeg that are strictly vegetarian. Delicious would probably be one of the best. It is a small place (estimated capacity of 30-35) located on Pembina Highway. Street parking in front of the restaurant is allowed except for afternoon rush hour. Additional residential street parking is available a short walk away. Interiors are done in a tasteful mint-green theme, and lighting is muted but adequate. We have been dining here a few times a year for several years, and address the middle-aged lady server as "Auntie". On busy evenings, there may be an additional server who is usually a university student. The cook who is also the owner is named Terry, but we've never seen him outside the kitchen. We've tried quite a number of their dishes including the excellent mock duck. Our favorites are --- hot and sour soup which is distinctive because of a barely perceptible sweetness to it; eggplant which comes with a thick, almost chunky sauce; and peanut tofu, a delectable choice that's guaranteed to please anyone who enjoys peanut butter. A good meal (depending on the drink you order) should cost on the average $15 - $20 per person. Auntie is very helpful and friendly, and she has a regular following of loyal customers. She has a peculiarity, though --- she wraps up your leftovers together in one styrofoam container. I don't mind this, but if you want your viands separately for next day's meal, ask her to pack them in individual containers. Reservations are not required which is not surprising given the rarity of vegetarians in carnivorous Winnipeg. But this restaurant's food quality leads you to believe that you can actually survive without meat --- until you wake up next morning and start dreaming about seared ahi tuna or dry garlic ribs.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I've visited this restaurant a number of times. The first time I really enjoyed it but the last time I was there the food seemed cold and gooey. This may have been because we ordered meat substitutes made of compressed veggie proteins and seitan. The sauces were thick and pasty and lacked flavour.

I will stick to the veggie dishes - can't go wrong with stir fries.

1  Thank GEFisher