“Excellent pizza”
Review of Bonfire Bistro

Bonfire Bistro
Ranked #26 of 1,678 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Decided to try this restaurant because of the excellent tripadvisor reviews. It didn't disappoint. It's all about the food here as the decor is sparse and plain but clean and well kept.
Had the Caprese salad to start and it was a nice blend of greens, tomatoes and boccaccini finished with balsamic. After that had the Spicy La Bomba pizza while my dining companion had the spinach linguine. Both of us came away deciding the place was well worth another try as there are many interesting combinations on the menu. All reasonably priced. Give it a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I have now gone to Bonfire Bistro about 6 times. It has consistently been a good experience. The service is good, the pizza is great and just a nice atmosphere. I prefer to call this kind of restaurant a Boutique restaurant. Small enough to still have that quiet evening, but big enough to offer a varied menu experience. We will be back, but will try those nightly specials we saw being delivered to other tables that looked so tasty.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I won't say this is the best pizza ever (haven't tried them all), but the Bonfire Bistro's pizza was pizza perfection . Found the Bonfire Bistro on a list of best places in Winnipeg while preparing for our visit. It was an easy and worthwhile drive from our downtown hotel to this nice neighborhood spot (easy parking out front). Very friendly and helpful wait staff. Great local beer recommendation (Farmery). Ordered both the Spicy Bonfire Hawaiian and Margherita pizza as well as the pasta special. It was all excellent. The pizza's were baked to perfection. Perfect crust, very tasty toppings (and the spicy ham was spicy) and not a hint of the usual greasiness that come with most pizza. The pasta was also excellent. Don't miss it.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Whenever we want a sure thing, this is where we tend to try to get in. Because they don't take reservations sometimes we have to wait, but it is well worth it. Always great daily specials but our standard choices are to split a salad (they are all good!) and have a pizza (also all good!). My absolute favourite pizza is the Serrano and pear - fig sauce, fresh pear, Serrano ham, blue cheese, mozzarella and fresh arugula. A sprinkling of chili flakes and I am a happy person. Service is usually very pleasant. Love this place!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Bonfire Bistro is a wonderful neighbourhood bistro in the Corydon area of Winnipeg. I found the restaurant on Trip Advisor and the reviews seemed in line with what I was looking for while attending a convention in Winnipeg - a smaller, local independent restaurant with a very interesting menu that had a number of excellent vegetarian options. Myself and three other folks took a cab from our hotel to the restaurant, waited about 15 minutes for a table and then we were seated. Liz, our server was friendly and very helpful in terms of deciding what to order from the menu as everything sounded delicious. Her suggestion of the cioppino was excellent. It was delicious, lots of seafood and a very flavourful tomato broth. My companions ordered pasta and pizza with salads. The beet salad is excellent! All were very pleased with their orders and the warm and friendly atmosphere of the restaurant. It was bust for a Tuesday evening which suggests it is popular with locals as well as visitors. All very reasonably prized and with excellent service. So glad to find the real food restaurant in Winnipeg. I would definitely return and also recommend as a great place to eat in Winnipeg.

2  Thank ELIZABETH H