“ABOVE EXCELLENT”
Review of 529 Wellington

529 Wellington
Reserve with OpenTable
529 Wellington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,653 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Academy Road
Transit: Bus Routes #20 & #29 (which stop @ Academy & Wellington). The #99 also stops along Wellington further East @ Kingsway.
Description: Experience the splendour of 529 Wellington, Winnipeg's Premier Steakhouse. The beautifully restored historic mansion offers intimate dining in 8 elegantly appointed rooms, as well as a beautiful 2-tiered riverside terrace for alfresco dining. 529 serves exclusively Prime Beef, the best available in Canada, as well as exotic fresh fish & seafood. The restaurant is also home of Manitoba's highest rated wine list, Wine Spectator Magazine's "Best of Award of Excellence".
Winnipeg, Canada
“ABOVE EXCELLENT”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you want Great service in a wonderful Mansion this is the place to be. I eat here twice a week and I love it . They make me steak Tartar , this is the only place I trust to make it for me. I never order wine .....they know exactly what I like and I don`t care what it costs I love Quality and as I live close by this is where I usually dine with my friends and Family. My kids are here all the time as well as the Staff know what we like and they make reat suestions always....No bad meals here Just delightful meals with family and Friends

Visited December 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Dining Delighte”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for diner this past weekend. It was very nice. The first seat we had was a bit cold as it was beside a window. The staff were very nice bout moving us. The one thing that puts this place ahead of others is the staff. The waiter are very nice and make the whole dining experience that much better.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank KM65
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Hy's is a better bet”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hy's does a better job with a nicer ambiance for this kind of money. The food is okay, but nothing to rave about. Again, dollar for dollar, you're better off at Hy's.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank M H
Oshawa, Canada
“What's better than excellent?!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were visiting Winnipeg and decided to have a special dinner out with family. This restaurant had been highly recommended, but it exceded my expectations on every level! This was one of the best restaurant meals I have ever had. The waiters are professionals, like European waiters. Clearly they have made a career choice to do this and do it well. The food is superb. The atmosphere is stunning. It is a big, old mansion in which every room has been turned into a cosy, intimate dining space. I would go back there in a heartbeat!

• Visited December 2012
Winnipeg
“Service is over the top good”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The food is always good but the service is above and beyond. These waiters and bus "boys" and etc are simply amazing. I love how they treat you as royalty no matter who you are. In the summer the patio outdoors along the river is a must and so worth making an effort to go and request it although indoors in winter is also a treat - try it for New Year's Eve and have the tower of onion rings - SO good!

Visited July 2012