“Bad experience. Will not return!”

Ten Spa at Fort Garry Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Spas & Wellness in Winnipeg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the penthouse of The Fort Garry Hotel, Spa and Conference Centre national historic site in the heart of downtown Winnipeg, Ten Spa is a world-class destination of indulgent spa luxury. Each Ten Spa treatment has evolved after years of research at many of the world’s foremost spas, as well as hard-to-find ethnic parlors. Once each treatment is created, our staff is trained to customize each service to find skin and body-care solutions for every situation. All treatments and services are based on classic techniques infused with a modern edge. There are no fad driven trends here – only results. So, whether it’s a facial, body scrub, massage, body cocoon, pedicure or manicure, our cutting edge treatments will provide unmatched results which soothe and nurture. Dubbed, “The hottest, steamiest, most exotic place in Canada” by the Ottawa Citizen, the Hamam at Ten is a modern reinterpretation of the Turkish Roman hot air bathing ritual. Offering several levels of treatment, all hamam experiences are relaxing and detoxifying; they stimulate circulation, cleanse and activate skin metabolism.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Winnipeg
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bad experience. Will not return!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I bought my wife a $400 gift cert for Christmas and she was really looking forward to it. After the day's end I came home and she was in the worst mood because of the experience at Ten Spa! She said the Ten Spa people were clinical and grouchy. No one even smiled! The change room was tiny and she was grumbled at by a customer who obviously thought the same when they were trying to change. She was rushed and the invitation to come early and enjoy herself in prep was offset by having to park 4 blocks away (when told parking was $9 on site), and then greeted by someone who had a lousy attitude. Oh and did I say rushed! Services themselves were on par, nothing special to justify the price. She said that she would have much preferred a gift cert to her favorite: Forget Me Not Spa in St. James!

Visited May 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Nicest Spa (In Winnipeg)”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

If you are really going for that relaxation, Ten Spa is (so far in my experience) the nicest place to unwind in Winnipeg. It is especially nice that you can order a drink to assist in that whole relaxing thing.

Since their opening, they have not aimed outdo each day, more realized that they are far exceeding their competition and has pulled back in trying a little bit. But, still-when comparing to other spas around, nothing comes close.
You usually have to book ahead, especially if you are booking with a friend, or prefer a certain time or day.

Indoor parking in convenient in the Fort Gary Hotel, expect to pay about $8 for that.
It is very nice location, because in the tenth floor in the hotel, you are away from it all, if you want to think of the outside world, you can glimpse out of one of the windows, with a gorgeous view of down town Winnipeg.

The service providers have always been pleasurable and perfect etiquette. There was a disappointing sales campaign for a little while, but that seems to have died down-and the service has gone back to being rejuvenating.

Recommended Treatments:
Facials-are a must at Ten Spa-treat yourself to these at least every season change!
Body Cocoons- Very nice, your whole body gets some attention on this one- good spring glow!
Hamam- Do this one with a friend, or lover.

Thanks Ten Spa!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank I_get_around2014
Laura W, Marketing Director at Ten Spa at Fort Garry Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to Ten Spa, and for taking the time to write about your experience. We're glad that we were able to provide the perfect atmosphere for relaxation and that you always enjoy the services you receive. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Odd choices”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My only treatment was massage therapy, so I cannot speak to the bulk of what TenSpa does. However, my main issue was the decisions made about how to use their floorspace. There are multiple large co-ed areas for lounging, yet the women's locker room is crowded and has only two female restrooms; this is illogical to me and definitely impacts my decision not to return. The lounging areas are very dimly lit, so only an e-reader makes sense if you want to read while you relax. The selection of snacks seemed very good.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank NorthB
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unwelcoming and Poor Front End Service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went to Ten Spa today and was not impressed by the rushed and unwelcome feeling that I encountered when I arrived. I got there at approximately 11:20 for a 1200 Intro to Hamam appointment. There were 3 people in line ahead of me and two attendants at the front desk. One attendant was assisting guests while the other one was busy doing something else. I waited about 10 mins in line and then finally got escorted into the locker room while the attendant quickly decoded or did something to a bunch of lockers and then ran out of the room. She never asked me if I had ever been there before, which I had not, or provided any information about where things were, or how to proceed. She also didn't explain how the lockers worked. Luckily, there were some pretty friendly experienced guests there who we're quite helpful. Once I asked around a bit (other guests) and found out where things were, the rest of the experience seemed fine. The Hamam was enjoyable and the amenities for me, is what stands out for this place. However, for the top dollar that they command, I feel that they should be providing a little more personal attention.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Brenda H
Laura W, Marketing Director at Ten Spa at Fort Garry Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent visit, and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. On behalf of Ten Spa, please accept our most sincere apologies that our customer service at check-in was not at the level it should have been on this occasion. Ten Spa is currently working on upgrading our reservations, and guest module to enable us to serve our guests better. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to see where we need improvements. We do hope to see you again so that we can show you that we are capable of better.

Kind regards,

204.946.6523
Manitoba, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Best overall Spa experience in Winnipeg”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

If you want the whole experience come to Tenspa. Just being at the historic Fort Garry Hotel is special in itself. I went for a birthday celebration with three other girls and we just had the most relaxing afternoon.

Give yourself a lot of time before and after to enjoy the spa experience. Relax in the waiting room, grab a daybed, sit in the steam room, go for your treatment and then afterwards spend some down time in their beautiful quiet room. We all loved our massage treatments but all agree that it's the full experience that's worth the money. Afterwards take a half an hour in the steam room it's just wonderful. The rain fall showers were also great to rinse off when we were all done.

They really don't spare anything. We loved the little treats in the waiting room, there's complementary tea and water cookies and dried fruit.

The lockers are easy to use and there is toiletries and towels in the change room. They provide a nice robe and slippers to wear all day. Don't worry about bringing your hairdryer or strainer to get ready after your shower. They have that all there for you at a beautiful vanity.

The whole spa is beautifully decorated and we just spent three or four hours in total relaxation mode. There is absolutely no rush take your time and get your moneys worth.

With that said it's definitely not cheap but if you go for the whole afternoon it's really worth it once in a while to treat yourself. There's nothing else in Winnipeg like it. I can't afford to make it a regular occurrence but I'll definitely go back for a special event!

2 Thank krevster