“Wedding in Penthouse Suite”

Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg
“Wedding in Penthouse Suite”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We had our Wedding at the Mariaggi's on July 18/09 in the Jakarta Penthouse suite, The service, food (Italian) and the room where fantastic.
We did have one problem, the sterio system in the room did not work apon our arrival, we did have to go and get our own sterio system from home. I have to say the owner Don did his upmost best to try to the system working for us, but since he could not do so, he came up the room and gave us another night free of charge, which was over and above as far as I was concerned, but also very much appreciated.
If customers would understand there are times where things happen that our out of the facilities control, life would not be so stressful.
Don, Lowell and the gang, you did a wonderful job, Keep up the great work and great customer service, very nice to see now adays.
We had our Wedding Cake made a placed right next door the hotel called Pastry Castle.
If you love Chocolate, and blueberry cheesecake go and see Reca, she was absolutly fantastic, We had ordered one of each, and she turned the cake into 2 tiers, which was absolutly beautiful, and the taste of the cakes were to die for.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I booked the Japan/Samuri suite for my girlfriend and I. I came in a couple hours earlier so I can check in and get the tour of my room. This is not a bad idea either because the staff can show me where everything is and how to work the lights and etc. When I brought my girlfriend to the hotel all we had to do was walk straight to our room because I had the key and everything was set up already. We were only interupted 2 times. First to let us know dinner will be ready in 5 minutes. Good idea, so we can wash up etc and the second time to bring us the dinner. After dinner we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door knob and I never heard a knock after that. I don't know why people are writing such bad reviews. The service was great, they were there when I needed them to be, room was clean. Of course there will be noises, your in DOWNTOWN WPG PEOPLE! LOL. To make this short and sweet I must say my stay was very good and exceptional. Would I stay there again, YES!

Reviewed June 29, 2009

We have stayed at the Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel 3 times over the last few years.
The first time was for our 20th Anniversary and we stayed in the India room where we were treated to a message, bubble bath and then dinner for two in our rooms, the rest of the details are a secret! ;)
During our stay I never heard a door slam, or even a peep from our neighbours, which made our stay very enjoyable during our magical get away.
A few days later, we stayed for two nights in the Penthouse Jakarta, which was nicely decorated and huge for only 2 people! A definite must for a special occasion.
On our 21st anniversary we stayed in the Caribbean room and as we expected, it was nicely decorated, clean, quiet. Our Dinner for two was wonderful and very memorable.
The staff, Lowell and Sarah are very fun and welcome you to your home away from home while you are away on your exotic getaway.
I would recommend that everyone visit the "Mariaggi's Theme Suites" at least once to experience it! Located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg in the Exchange District! The original theme suites in Winnipeg and one of the best!
We will be back to visit again soon!

winnipeg
Reviewed June 28, 2009

my spouse and I went to the mariaggi them suite hotel for our honeymoon and we LOVED it! the hot tub was great very romantic with all the candles lit. the pool table in the room was an extra bonus. the steam shower had plenty of room and being able to listen to music while in it was great. The theme we had chosen was the caribbean and I think we picked a good one. we will definetly be back many times over to try out all the suites. I recommend this place to anyone who has kids who need some quality time with your spouse or even new couples who just want to spice it up a little.

Reviewed June 20, 2009

I went there with my boyfriend of a year, we had originally booked the Roman Room but due to construction we were upgraded to the Caribbean Room at no extra charge. It was an absolute dream. We walked in and the room was dimmed with candles lit all over. Our favourite part was definitely the waterfall jacuzzi, it was so cool watching the tub fill up from water pouring down the wall. The service was great, they were all very friendly, explained everything as soon as we got there, showed us around the room and were there to answer any questions. It was a night we will never forget. I would highly recommend this hotel for a couple looking for an escape.

Winnipeg,MB
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We stayed in the Mexican room for one night to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. The rooms are amazing, very romantic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only issue I had was there were no staff to be found in the hotel at night. If we had wanted another bottle of wine we would have been out of luck. We waited around till almost 9 am for someone to show up so we could get our breakfast. Became so hungry we left the key on the desk and went out for breakfast. The staff was very polite and helpful when they were around.

1 Thank dixyWinnipeg
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Mariaggis was one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to. We stayed over one night in the brand new jakarta penthouse which was amazing. It had a full bar, pool table, dart board and so much room I had to yell across it! It even had a piano right in the room. The waterfall hot tubs are a nice touch as well. I definately recommend this place. I'll be going back....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple