“Not only the location”
Review of Chez Sophie Sur Le Pont - CLOSED

Chez Sophie Sur Le Pont
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
europe
“Not only the location”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It is nice to hear French so far West. The view at noon is fantastic. Limited choice but nice food. I had Soup du Jour and salad. It was served with bread and butter.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank longtravel09

Dauphin, Canada
“Something different”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Went to Chez Sophie tonight with a friend and has a nice meal. The view walking up to the restaurant is beautiful but we couldn't see much from inside with the reflection in the windows. We were happy to get in with no reservation tonight as there were several big groups. I had the fried Camembert meal which was tasty and filling. Would go back again.

Winnipeg,Manitoba
“Chez So-So Sofia's”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I dined at this establishment on a recent Saturday night and would likely return, but not often. The decor, altho kitchy needs some minor changes to make it more appealing. The tiny charming table was ugly and cracked on the surface and would have been more sanitary with a tempered glass cover that could be easily cleaned and look much more classy to reflect the cost of the food.
Our waiter was attentive and pleasant. The wine list is very limited. The salad was okay,and the signature balsamic reduction dressing did enhance the uninspired greens.
We both tried the Beef Bourguignon..the meat was very tender, but almost devoid of the vegetables that should have been included..(we both found two slivers of carrots and onions).
The accompanying scalloped potatoes were hot and tasty. We felt $26 per meal was too high.

• Visited October 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Poor food.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Yes, poor sad food. It could have been cooked up so much better but it was not. My pasta had no flavor at all except for the taste of the bacon.Not one out of the 4 who ordered steak thought it was worth the price. The cuts were not flavorful. The view was nice but the food was no different than the old spaghetti factory's steak and pasta. I was not impressed with the price we paid for our food.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CarolEric
Winnipeg, Canada
“Lovely View”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoyed dining at Chez Sophie during a lunch hour in September. The view from the restaurant, overlooking the Red River is lovely. The decor is simple and elegant. I ordered the quiche, which is one of the best I have had (no top crust and with I believe to be a bechamel sauce). The presentation of our lunches was beautiful. The service was good. My concerns were that the acoustics make conversations difficult and that the tables were a little on the small side.

• Visited September 2013