“Trying to give this Cafe 6 / 5....”

Stella's Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #65 of 1,665 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Unbelievable dining experience. The curry was served with banana, coconut and raisins. Delish. Was $ 11.99, easily a $20 meal. My wife had the beef burger on foccacia, one of the best she has ever had. Our waitress, Stacia, was knowlegable, and very accomodating. Excellent service. The bread pudding is a trip to heaven down a river of maple.....Watching the food come out of the kitchen, I wanted to try it all. These people care about what they serve :)

There are newer reviews for Stella's Cafe and Bakery

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am first time Stella's visitor based on positive reviews. We arrived to a long line and waited 25 minutes, no big deal. Beside us for this entire time was an empty table of two. We were a party of two, and would get seated here. So, why the wait? And this table is immediately adjacent to a door, albeit with a quarter wall for some protection. But my meal was an exercise in -25C air hitting me periodically, and waves of people pushed up against me waiting. Not awesome.However, most people will not be subject to this awful table and the food is amazing. Great quality, fresh, and very well priced.Would recommemd. Bring a parka.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stella's is a gem in the city of Winnipeg. It has a fantastic atmosphere and very friendly, helpful staff. In the summertime there is an outdoor patio that looks very nice. On this occasion we had lunch. I ordered the chicken club sandwich with ceasar salad and a lemonade, and it was delicious. I also ordered the Stella's smoothie to go, and it was equally delicious. One thing to note, the salad dressing on the ceasar salad is quite garlicky (I LOVE garlic so this is not an issue for me, but for others it might be-just a good thing to know!).

This restaurant is always bustling, at all the locations I've been to. I have yet to find a time of day where it isn't full, but it's understandable because of the great food. It's a bit crowded, so I think it would be difficult to come here with a larger group of people. On weekends there tends to be a bit of a wait to get a table, in my past experience. Also, because the space is so open and tables are very closely spaced, it is quite loud.

Overall, I definitely recommend trying one of the locations if you are in Winnipeg, especially in the summertime to enjoy the outdoor patio's they have (and the delicious food of course)!

1  Thank Mandy W
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Dined for lunch on a busy Sunday. Very long wait, which is fine, however I find it frustrating that they seat large tables before the entire party has arrived when there are 50 other people waiting for a table. Case in point they seated 2 at a table for 6 and the other 4 patrons arrived 45 minutes later. Not good seating management.

Our server was rude. She brought coffee in a dirty mug and was irritated to provide a replacement. I was also served water in a glass with lipstick on the rim. Makes me question the sanitation of eating utensils, and is just really unappetizing. We were not offered coffee nor water refills. Really, really poor and rude service.

The food was good, not as great as it used to be.

I would not return due to the long wait for a table and terribly bad service and dirty mugs and glasses.

2  Thank Alicia Z
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went for lunch over the summer. It was super busy, but well worth the wait. Ordered the toasted tuna sandwich with the spinach salad. Best spinach salad I probably ever had. Great service.