Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Canmore, Canada
“beautiful hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Beautiful new hotel with spacious extremely clean rooms. Beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. Decent lighting and power outlet selections. Nice large bathroom with a tub. Having a microwave and fridge is very convenient. Has some specialty TV channels that many hotel chains don't carry anymore. Internet is pretty fast (except for downloading videos which you have to let buffer). Furniture and overall look of the room is a nice minimalist modern style which very much appeals to me. Restaurants are not bad but not top of the line either. My only complaint is that there is no pool or hot tub!!!!!!!!! And this is why I'm not rating it a 5. And of course the neighbourhood is sketchy if you leave the Health Sciences Centre area on foot.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room on an upper floor and I ended up getting probably one of the largest rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Maddy G
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Maddy G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you thought so highly of our location. A lot of work and detailed planning went into this location! I can understand missing the pool and hot tub here at this location but there were logistical reasons as to why we couldn't have either here. Hopefully we will be able to take care of you again in the future and if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly at anytime! Thanks again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Needed a close base while a family member had surgery. This ideal location was invaluable, especially in January, in Winnipeg! Good restaurants on site, close reasonable parking, comfortable rooms, all made our stay seamless. The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave, as well as a reasonably fast internet connection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Fouronthefloor5
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear fouronthefloor5,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on the site. I'm glad you had a great experience with us. I'm glad to see that all our planning in making this a hotel that can offer much ease and comfort for those coming to the hospital for medical or business purposes has worked amazingly well. We really strive to make this a home away from home for anyone staying here and are glad when we can achieve that. I'm hoping that we will be able to take care of you again on your next visit and want to welcome you to our Canad Family! Thank you again and should you ever need anything during your stay, please feel free to contact me at anytime directly. Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Six members of our family spent a few very enjoyable hours at the Bistro. The atmosphere was pleasant, quiet, the drinks excellent and the service was top notch. The food was hot, tasty and came on time. I did not have a chance to see all of the Hotel; but look forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: I recommend this Bistro to families or for business.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Eleanore B
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hello Eleanor B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our 'l Bistro Mediterreanean Restaurant. I am so glad that you and your family had such a great experience dining with us!! We are very proud at being the only one of our Manitoban locations to have this concept with the only other location to have it being our Grand Forks Location. You mentioned that you did not get a chance to see the rest of the hotel, and I would love to extend an invitation for a tour to you when you have a moment to do so. I believe you will find that we have gorgeous guest rooms and will be quite impressed. We look forward to serving you again, and please feel free to contact me at anytime should there be anything I can do for you. Thank you again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

As part of a family group that visited for dinner prior to an evening outing, i was impressed with the ambiance in the hotel bistro. The facility was very clean, the staff was warm and friendly.
I did not have an opportunity to see the rooms, but would certainly be interested in visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marlene B
Hi Marlene B,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review about our 'l Bistro Restaurant here at Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC. I'm glad you had such a fantastic experience and hopefully it won't be the one and only. That restaurant is currently the only one in all of our Manitoban locations with the only other one in our Grand Forks location. You mentioned that you did not get the chance to see any of our guest rooms. Should you be interested in doing so, as they are quite beautiful, I would be glad to take you on a tour of them anytime you are available. I believe you will be impressed. Please feel free to contact me at anytime and we look forward to serving you again!! Thanks again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff, accommodation were all amazing. The beds and pillows very comfortable. Room had fridge, microwave and keurig coffee maker. Location was fantastic for the hospital. All staff were great, polite, courteous and very helpful. I would recommend stay at this hotel and will seek out Canad Inn for stay in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Christina W, Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you had such a great stay and that everything was to your liking! Our entire team works hard at making sure that everyone's experiences are top notch and glad that we were able to do this for you too. Thank you for staying at our lovely property and should you need anything on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly at anytime! Thank you again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre.
Swift Current
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had to attend the Winnipeg sciences centre for a gamma knife procedure for my wife. We were booked into this hotel by the clinic we were attending as we were travelling from out of province. We did not have to pay, I think the SK health plan pays, so cannot comment on value. The hotel is actually attached to the health sciences centre, we needed no coats or jackets, for our entire visit as we attended the consult one day and the surgery the next. The hotel is brand new, nice, nice beds etc and the staff were very helpful and cooperative. The restaurant has good food and there is a Starbucks in the boding. Also a food court in the health sciences centre that had good assortment of healthy snacks and hot food as well as sandwiches. Would highly recommend this hotel off hospital visit of just a visit to Winnipeg.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Terry W, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am sure glad that we were able to be so convenient for you while you were here for a procedure with Gamma Knife. I know that in times like these it can be very stressful to be away from home and in a different province, so to be able to have a really nice, comfortable hotel with staff that will go above and beyond for you can be a much needed comfort. I'm glad we were able to do that for you. Should you need to come back and stay with us again, for any reason, please feel free to contact me directly with anything else that you may need. Thank you so very much, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Clean and new hotel. Room was nice. Iron was not working but housekeeping replaced it promptly. Shower, however, was disappointing. Having endured the cold temperature outside, I would like to come back to a hot shower. The maximum temperature for the shower was warm only; anything less than maximum temperature was too cold for shower. I know the water temperature could be warmer as the maximum water temperature from sink faucet was very hot..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Boomdayada,
Thank you very much for your review on our property. I am really happy that you thought our hotel was clean, and the room was nice. I can definitely appreciate being disappointed with the temperature of the showers and have brought that up with our maintenance team. At this time of year with the frigid temperatures outside, we all look forward to a nice hot shower at the end of the day, and I apologize that you did not get the chance to enjoy that. We do appreciate hearing about this and strive to do our best to correct this quickly. Again thank you very much for your review and are pleased to be able to have you as a guest again. Should you need anything at all on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly. Have an amazing day! Chrissy Bohemier - Sales and Catering Manager - Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre. “