“Family Birthday- January 31,2014” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Family Birthday- January 31,2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Six members of our family spent a few very enjoyable hours at the Bistro. The atmosphere was pleasant, quiet, the drinks excellent and the service was top notch. The food was hot, tasty and came on time. I did not have a chance to see all of the Hotel; but look forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: I recommend this Bistro to families or for business.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Eleanore B
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hello Eleanor B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our 'l Bistro Mediterreanean Restaurant. I am so glad that you and your family had such a great experience dining with us!! We are very proud at being the only one of our Manitoban locations to have this concept with the only other location to have it being our Grand Forks Location. You mentioned that you did not get a chance to see the rest of the hotel, and I would love to extend an invitation for a tour to you when you have a moment to do so. I believe you will find that we have gorgeous guest rooms and will be quite impressed. We look forward to serving you again, and please feel free to contact me at anytime should there be anything I can do for you. Thank you again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

As part of a family group that visited for dinner prior to an evening outing, i was impressed with the ambiance in the hotel bistro. The facility was very clean, the staff was warm and friendly.
I did not have an opportunity to see the rooms, but would certainly be interested in visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marlene B
Hi Marlene B,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review about our 'l Bistro Restaurant here at Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC. I'm glad you had such a fantastic experience and hopefully it won't be the one and only. That restaurant is currently the only one in all of our Manitoban locations with the only other one in our Grand Forks location. You mentioned that you did not get the chance to see any of our guest rooms. Should you be interested in doing so, as they are quite beautiful, I would be glad to take you on a tour of them anytime you are available. I believe you will be impressed. Please feel free to contact me at anytime and we look forward to serving you again!! Thanks again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff, accommodation were all amazing. The beds and pillows very comfortable. Room had fridge, microwave and keurig coffee maker. Location was fantastic for the hospital. All staff were great, polite, courteous and very helpful. I would recommend stay at this hotel and will seek out Canad Inn for stay in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Christina W, Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you had such a great stay and that everything was to your liking! Our entire team works hard at making sure that everyone's experiences are top notch and glad that we were able to do this for you too. Thank you for staying at our lovely property and should you need anything on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly at anytime! Thank you again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre.
Swift Current
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had to attend the Winnipeg sciences centre for a gamma knife procedure for my wife. We were booked into this hotel by the clinic we were attending as we were travelling from out of province. We did not have to pay, I think the SK health plan pays, so cannot comment on value. The hotel is actually attached to the health sciences centre, we needed no coats or jackets, for our entire visit as we attended the consult one day and the surgery the next. The hotel is brand new, nice, nice beds etc and the staff were very helpful and cooperative. The restaurant has good food and there is a Starbucks in the boding. Also a food court in the health sciences centre that had good assortment of healthy snacks and hot food as well as sandwiches. Would highly recommend this hotel off hospital visit of just a visit to Winnipeg.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Terry W, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am sure glad that we were able to be so convenient for you while you were here for a procedure with Gamma Knife. I know that in times like these it can be very stressful to be away from home and in a different province, so to be able to have a really nice, comfortable hotel with staff that will go above and beyond for you can be a much needed comfort. I'm glad we were able to do that for you. Should you need to come back and stay with us again, for any reason, please feel free to contact me directly with anything else that you may need. Thank you so very much, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Clean and new hotel. Room was nice. Iron was not working but housekeeping replaced it promptly. Shower, however, was disappointing. Having endured the cold temperature outside, I would like to come back to a hot shower. The maximum temperature for the shower was warm only; anything less than maximum temperature was too cold for shower. I know the water temperature could be warmer as the maximum water temperature from sink faucet was very hot..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Boomdayada,
Thank you very much for your review on our property. I am really happy that you thought our hotel was clean, and the room was nice. I can definitely appreciate being disappointed with the temperature of the showers and have brought that up with our maintenance team. At this time of year with the frigid temperatures outside, we all look forward to a nice hot shower at the end of the day, and I apologize that you did not get the chance to enjoy that. We do appreciate hearing about this and strive to do our best to correct this quickly. Again thank you very much for your review and are pleased to be able to have you as a guest again. Should you need anything at all on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly. Have an amazing day! Chrissy Bohemier - Sales and Catering Manager - Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre. “
Gammarth, Tunisia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Been there for four consecutive nights. The room was nicely decorated and the big bed was comfy. I didn't like the shower though. Why the sink is in the aisle and not in the bathroom ? The dinner buffet was the same four nights consecutively ! The staff at the restaurant was friendly and +/- courteous. Front desk staff is friendly and welcoming. The lobby is small and misses comfy armchairs or sofas ! It wasn't disappointing nevertheless and i would recommend this stay...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear AhmedFathallah,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! I'm glad that overall you had a good stay. Our reasoning behind having the sink area outside the bathroom is when you have more than one person staying in the guest room, it gives the convenience that as someone is showering or using the bathroom, that the other person can be getting ready themselves just outside the room without disturbing the other. I can appreciate your view on this though. I found it surprising to hear that you had the same meal on the buffet four evenings in a row as we do have daily themes. Mondays are Monday Madness, Tuesdays are Turkey Tuesdays, Wednesdays are Chicken and Ribs, Thursdays are Taste of the Orient, Fridays are Seafood Fridays, Saturdays are Chef's Creation and Sunday is Prime Rib Dinner. I have forwarded this on to the Chef so that he can be aware of this as they should never be the same day to day. I am glad you did have a positive experience with our staff, they are fantastic and I have passed on the compliment to them. Again Thank you very much for your response and the next time you stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything! Thank you and have a great day, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Staying at the new Canad Inns H.S.C Hotel, we received 5 star treatment. ex.(i requested a softer pillow at desk and housekeeping promptly delivered)"superb". The high-tech elevators gave a personal ride and we experienced the most intimate buffet at any Canad Inns. We highly recommended this hotel and with cancer care so close, the possibilities are just beginning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Christine T, Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We really do work hard to treat every one of our guests with 5 star treatment and make them feel as though they are part of our Canad Family! So welcome to our family and we hope that we will have the chance to take care of your family again soon. Should there be anything I can help you out with on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you, Chrissy Bohemier – Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre