“Have To Try It!”

Carnaval Brazilian BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Carnaval Brazilian BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 1,689 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went to Carnival with good friends and the atmosphere of the restaraunt is very relaxing and inviting. We tied their specialty Caipirinha drink which is like a mojito but with more alcohol and it was not bad . . . when in Rome. I am surprised to read other reviews that say the meat was over cooked. My review about the meat is that unless you like your meat rare do not eat here. There were cuts I had to leave on my plate because they were blue, not rare and just way too raw to consume. We tried every side (they are unlimited) and each was excellent and we ordered double of some. The waitress wanted us to wait at the end of our meal for the pineapple to come around and I am glad we did as it was a nice treat. Service was very good and staff were all super pleasant. I would go back for a meal here I felt the price was fair for all the food you get. Be prepared for a meat hangover! Oh and one more thing, making reservation was mind boggling as you can only do it online and the two sites you can reserve at are not user friendly

1  Thank Princesstamtam55

Reviewed April 1, 2014

A friend and I were road tripping through to Calgary and stopped in Winnipeg to visit with friends. They suggested Carnaval so we checked out their website and decided we'd give it a try. Since it was so last minute we weren't able to make a reservation and our friends were told there was no room and we could go in the tapas/bar they have next door. While in the bar we met the greatest waitress who worked her magic to get us a table upstairs since it was our one and only night in town. The atmosphere and service in the restaurant was great, and the food was amazing. All you can eat appetizers (which I loved most since I'm more of a salad person) that are served to your table and all you can eat meat that comes to you and cut right there as large or small as you'd like. They also came around and made cocktails at your table with real fruit. I truly enjoyed the experience, at $42/person be sure to go in hungry and get your money's worth!!

2  Thank SheenaBon
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went for my birthday in 2013. a group of about 10 of us. they took the reservation no problem and when we arrive 2 people short there was no issues. we got seated in which seemed to me the best seats in the house! at $42 a person it was well worth it.

some reviews show some truth but only partial. yes some meats are salty ie: bacon wrapped sausage. but some things like that are to be expected.

what people don't know or are too "shy" to know is ask your server. anywhere you go anything. I am a huge rare meat fan so when me server came and asked if I wanted steak I asked if he has rare he said no not on this sword. he served the others at my table went to the kitchen and came back with a rare sword.

they have great sides to go with your meal. I usually don't get excited for the option of sides at a meat type restaurant but this place does it right. if the side dish makes your whole night a bad experience maybe an all you can eat meat restaurant is not for you.

in the end I had a great time, great food, great service and servers. I would recoomend to anyone awell as dine there again.

TIP: they have a vegetarian menu! we had one in our group and she raved about what she ate! also quite a bit cheaper obviously.

1  Thank gijoefontaine
Reviewed March 22, 2014

If this food was served in any other restaurant it wouldn't last a month. Over cooked meat, unimaginative sides, limp salads and unreliable service. Overrated and overpriced.

4  Thank Winnipeg_10_10
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went here with a group for a bday party so it was fun because of the company. The food was average-we had higher expectations of the food, especially the meats but it was all just average. For the price you pay ($42/person for dinner) I would say spend your money elsewhere. Location is nice and I would go back for the lounge but not the meal.

2  Thank 3JP