“Nice little spot!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Vito Coffee House

San Vito Coffee House
Ranked #39 of 47 Coffee & Tea in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Winnipeg
“Nice little spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I don't know how I heard about this place - maybe through radio advertising, but I recognized the name when I drove by at about lunch time and thought I would give it a try.

This coffee and sandwich shop is located in an old bank building in a strip mall, so it is kind of easy to miss. But I recommend seeking it out and giving the menu a try. We went there wraps a bowl of soup (not too salty as is often the case) and a cup of coffee. The menu is typical coffee house / sandwich shop fare. I was pleased with my wrap. Fresh ingredients, simply prepared.

The decor is simple. Table and chairs and few comfortable lounge chairs as well. I would compare it to starbucks if it chose to locate in a 1960's vintage banking building (the vault is still in the back and they use it for storage!).

A few copies of the newspaper were on hand for those of us that like to scan the news over lunch.
This place prides itself on being a fair trade business. I also noted that they invite artists to perform there, and they have some guidelines around that which seem pretty reasonable for someone that simply wants the coffee house performance experience.

It seems like a nice community coffee shop and I will return next time I am in that part of Winnipeg. Definitely worth another visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anacreon100

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great atmosphere way too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the atmosphere I like the patio space I like that you can bring your dog on the patio while enjoying coffee however it is very overpriced they should really look at lowering some of those prices too expensive

• 2 of 5 bubbles