“First impression ”

Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Bada Sushi

Wow! What a surprise!

Got a new job and was trying to think of a sushi place on my drive home and remembered seeing this place a dozen times over the years.

Stopped and ordered three maki rolls and a noodle salad.

The sushi tasted amazing, fresh, and the portion sizes were perfect. Great presentation and flavor. Rolled, cut, and displayed beautifully. Salad was good, and they threw in some amazing spring rolls - a great surprise after a long day.

I got the impression the staff was all related judging by their body language with each other. Mother, pop and son. Very friendly, slight language barrier, but absolutely no complaints.

Definitely going back.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yiho has become--had become--our most important local sushi joint. Located just down Sherbrook, it was convenient to walk to, always open, played jazz (!), and served certainly among the city's best sashimi preparations of tuna & salmon at a great value (among other tasty bits).

However, Yiho is, sadly, no longer Yiho. It has become "Bada". And quite bada it was. Our sashimi was poorly cleaned, and my partner and I spent the meal picking pieces of salmon bone and tuna connective tissue from our unevenly-cut fish slices. As well, the fish was warm... and not quite right on flavour. While staff finally checked in at the terminus of our meal, the damage had already been done. The final kicker was to see our "gift" of a few compensatory sushi pieces tossed back into the holding containers for future use.

I don't believe we'll risk returning.

Owner Yiho, we miss you, your jazz style, and your wonderful food. Please send reinforcements.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been here a few times, great spot for dinner when taking in local events like WCO. Service isnt that great in my opinion, but the choices of menu items is vast. I look for vegan options and find many great tasty things to choose from.
There are other places I would choose over this one, but the location fits my needs when going out.
I think most people would like it. Doesnt have an asian feel to the place, more of an elaborate greek design..probably a previous restaurants decor. However it is nice.