“Do NOT eat here.”

Add it.
Casa Burrito
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my first and last visit to Casa Burrito. I had checked out their website and the food looked promising. False advertising. Four of us went for lunch, and as one of my friends pointed out, when the owners can't be bothered to give the place a quality paint job, it isn't a good sign. The two staff were largely incompetent and couldn't take our simple orders correctly. Items in the menu, specifically the chorizo burrito, we're not available. The restaurant also isn't licensed as advertised. For what looks like a fast food place, it was not fast. We waited 45 minutes for quesadillas and burritos. My friend got a burrito instead of the quesadilla she ordered and settled for it. I was given a quesadilla when I asked for a burrito so I had them correct it. That took another 15 minutes or more and my friends had finished eating what they describe as very mediocre food. I wasn't waiting any longer and asked for my money back, which I got, but without an apology. Don't waste your time or money here. If I could give it zero stars I would.

CasaBurrito, Owner at Casa Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2015

Thank you for giving feedback of Casa Burrito. We apologize for any negative experience that you may have had in the past, and as the new owners that took over after your last visit, do hope that you will give Casa Burrito another chance.

We are working hard to ensure that we provide consistently delicious and fresh food, as well as great customer service. We are not a fast food restaurant, however we do not think that you should have waited 45 minutes for your meal.

We hope that should you choose to come back that you'll feel free to speak to us directly if any one part of your visit was not satisfactory. We are also available by email at info@casaburrito.ca, and are always open to opinions and feedback!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Needed some take out, and called Casa Burrito. Four of us shared the Casa Burrito, and Beef Burritos which were good and hot. The guacamole was also very nice. There the good part ended....both chicken and chorizo and bean tacos--which where basically the same, mushed up and indistinguishable ingredients--arrived cold. Nothing at all special about them. The frijoles nachos came undercooked--hard beans, like the kind that will give you gas all night--and without the advertised sour cream, cilantro or really anything to recommend it. We were very disappointed and will not be returning or recommending.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

First visit using a " coupon" that was honoured even though it was quite old; and the experience just got better and better. we started with an appetizer of chips and guacamole followed by burritos of curried lentils and chorizo with a chipotle sauce and mango sauce respectively.. Ordered the one pounder and it was very substantial. tasty through and through. washed it down with Jarrito. across from the university of winnipeg so imagine the monday to friday traffic very good. we were there on a saturday for lunch. the only wait was for good food being prepared.
its slogan is fresh,local delicious. yes!

1  Thank marylizz26
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Recently visited Casa Burrito because I've been hearing good things from friends and boy were they right!! I had their 3 Fish Taco and Beer special and it was REALLY good! While I like it once in a while...I'm not a big spice person and they had a mango salsa as well as this white cream sauce to go with the tacos as an alternative. They must have been paying attention to reviews because the visit was quick, clean and GOOD!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Methinks Erin is wee bit weird. Casa Burrito is far and away the best Mexican experience in Winnipeg. My wife is from Aguascalientes Mexico and Casa Burrito is a must stop when her family visits - just like home!

The portions are huge, the hospitality is great and the taste is out of this world. I suggest the cherizo beef with mango or the fish tacos. A+!!

3  Thank LangsideFoodie