“Excellent Ethiopian food and good service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Excellent Ethiopian food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was nice to go to an Ethiopian restaurant that didn't immediately try to push you toward a buffet (not even sure if they had one). We ordered several dishes off the menu to share, and all were delicious, made fresh, and piping hot. The injera was very fresh and tasty too.

The decor inside is simple but very nice, and they have a nice little outdoor patio out front. The service was very friendly and attentive, and quite prompt (and as many of you know, prompt service is very rare in Ethiopian restaurants).

This is a great little place, and I hope it does well. I just wish they had some St. George's Beer from Ethiopia! We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WinnipegTraveller045

Stratford, Canada
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I ate here with friends. Knowing nothing about Ethiopian food, I let a more knowledgeable friend order for me. Our communal platters were huge - we were a hungry party of 7 and didn't come anywhere close to finishing our platters. The food was not super spicy, which I appreciated. Very friendly staff. I think we were the only non-Ethiopian customers - that's always a good sign. I would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Punziedoo
WINNIPEG
“Excellent Ethiopian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The food in this restaurant is amazing! In my opinion, they make the best Ethiopian food in the city. If you go for dinner, be prepared to wait as it is not quick when the restaurant is busy. However, the food is worth the wait. They also have a lunch buffet during the week which is very good.

• Visited January 2013