“My stay at Econolodge on St.Mary's Rd Winnipeg”

Econo Lodge Winnipeg South
Ranked #40 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Was a great place to stay. The rooms have beautiful decor and very clean. The staff was great. If have one complain, staffs need to know how to communicate the Hotel's policy better to guests.
One staff in particular, Carole, was exceptional.Great customer service. Furthermore, its in a great part of town, has all amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2013

we recentlyhave been through a stressful time in our lives. Ice damage caused major damage to our home and we were forced to leave our home while repairs were being made' Having a small Yorkie {Buddy Holly} to take care of, we wondered were we could find accomdations for ourselves and our dog' We contacted Econolodge and were pleasently surprised at the warm response we got from the front desk, There front desk clerk Thomas went above and beyond to help in every way possible. Our compliments to this management and staff for all their compassion and help to us and a special thankyou for there treatment of our special dog "Buddy Holly". We would recommend this hotel to anyone for it's clean and comfortable rooms excellent continental breakfast and much much more. Thanks to all!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was aware of this hotel in its' earlier 'life' so was quite taken aback to see
what has been done to it to make it a great place to stay. great location..a
short distance from major shopping area..not far from major hopitals and
downtown. the front desk staff (especially THOMAS) went out of their way
to help, even when they were not asked!! my wife and i will be back on our
next trip to Winnipeg in the Fall!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank andy a
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This staff at this hotel were amazing. We were greeted by a lovely man who carried our luggage to our room, he adjusted the temperature in our room. Everything was very clean, looked exactly like pictures they posted on their site. The beds were comfy not too hard just right. The entire Hotel is newly renovated. Lots of near by restaurants and grocery stories with in walking distance.
I will stay here again any time I get the chance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gymmom78
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff and management at this hotel bent over backwards to make my experience comfortable. I had a very traumatic experience while in Winnipeg and they were so caring and compassionate. The lovely woman working the front desk the evening of May 7th/13 let me vent and talk about what had happened during the day. She just listened and didn't interrupt me and then told her supervisor the next morning, When I went downstairs the next morning the manager approached me right away and apologized for what had happened the previous evening and told me to let him know if there was anything he could do for me. I was suppose to check out that day and he told me to not worry about the check out time,,,just take my time and when ever I am ready to leave to do so. I decided to stay another night and the manager gave me a deal on the room that night. The hotel is very clean and quiet. I kept asking if I was the only one in the hotel it was so quiet! They have a nice continental breakfast with a good choice of items. The hotel is situated in the perfect place in Winnipeg. You can access anywhere in the city from that corner very easily. There was shopping, restaurants and entertainment within walking distance of the hotel. It's a small hotel but I believe that makes it nice. There may be no pool or exercise room but that didn't matter to me. I will definitely be going back! I recommend that people check this place out for sure....Thank you Econo Lodge Winnipeg South for your hospitality

Room Tip: I had a room at the top of the stairs...It was very quiet there and convenient to go down for breakf...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we checked into the hotel we were greeted by the nice hotel staff. When we got to the room it looked exactly like the photos. The rooms were clean and fresh. They had nice green bathrooms and great looking carpets. When it was time to sleep it was not hard to fall fast into the sleep. The beds are new, so the staff said, and were so comfortable that neither of us wanted to wake to start the next day. When it was time to leave we Thomas, the receptionist, was very helpful in getting a cab and helping with keeping me company until the cab arrived. Overall Very pleased with my stay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karla P
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

First time staying here! Thought it might be an adventure. But it turned out great. Nice hotel. No pool but for this price and our needs this trip we didn't care. Nicely decorated clean rooms. Posted a video on YouTube of our room. Check it put :)

• Stayed: April 2013