“Charm, style and location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
La Chaumiere du Village B&B
Ranked #4 of 17 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was recently in Winnipeg for a conference, followed by several days of research at the University of Manitoba for a personal project. Leaving my seriously beige conference hotel downtown and arriving at La Chaumiere du Village for the second part of my trip was HEAVEN. The house is located on a beautiful street just across the river from the downtown fray, in a funky neighbourhood called Osborne Village. Bruce and Celine (who live on site, in their own suite at the front of the house) greeted me warmly and made me feel immediately at home. The bedrooms (all upstairs) share a bathroom, and downstairs there is a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, and living room and a full claw bath in the basement. A quick trip down the road to the local whole foods shop, and I was enjoying a lovely glass of wine and some fresh fruit and snacks on the little deck. The place is spotless, and I really enjoyed Celine's touches in the recent transformation to a B&B -- a homey mix of antiques, mid-century modern, and general ephemera that completely appealed to me. I must have taken 10 pictures of the plaid curtains in my bedroom, so beautifully did they evoke "prairie chic" to me! And the breakfasts are great if (like me) you are not into the three course hot meal that many B&Bs offer: self serve toast, cereals, muffins, fruit, and protein treats (cheese, devilled eggs, etc), with juice and coffee - with Celine's little boxes of trail mix to take with you on the day's adventure! All in all, a wonderful place to call home while in Winnipeg. Probably not for you if you want complete alone-ness -- it's a compact house and you are sharing a bathroom and kitchen with others, after all. But I really enjoyed the experience. Great for solos, couples, and families (there's a teeny sweet room with just enough room for a single bed if you do have a wee one with you). And for dinner: highly recommend tapas at Segovia or burgers at Unburger - both just a few blocks away. I'd come back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: I stayed in the green room, which I found completely charming. It does face Wellington Crescent, tho...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank andreav533

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you're like us, prefering the privacy a hotel can offer over the comfort and homelike atmosphere of a B& B, you should definitely consider staying at La Chaumière du Village, a lovely gem tucked not far from the lively Osborne Village district.
Downtown is but 10 minutes away on public transportation, but the neighborhhood has plenty of good pickings too for food and beverage. But the main appeal is the lovely, warm, and discretely attentive reception awaiting you from Bruce and Céline. They are incredible hosts and during the few days we spent there, we are leaving with new friends we are eager to see again soon, either at La Chaumière or in our own homes. In the thick of Winnipeg's frigid winter, we discovered warmth in their home. Thanks, Bruce and Céline ! Bisous et à bientôt, quelque part!

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank allsmiles76
Reviewed January 17, 2013

B&B is located in a really nice neighborhood with lots of hip and interesting stores and lots of special restaurants.
Céline and Bruce, thanks for being such great hosts. Food, company, advice, hospitality were all over the top!! I really appreciated all the fresh fruits and fruit salads that were served with breakfast and they even had made me a 'for on the road' food package. Everything was perfectly clean and the ambiance of the rooms made me feel like I was at home.
I’d recommend La Chaumiere du Village to anyone wanted an exceptional B&B experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo